Grossman out 3-4 months

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by panthersare#1, Aug 12, 2005.

1. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

ST. LOUIS (Aug. 12, 2005) -- Chicago Bears quarterback Rex Grossman broke his left ankle early in the second quarter of a preseason game against the St. Louis Rams and will be sidelined three to four months.

Grossman, who played in only three games last season before being shelved by a right knee injury, was hurt with 11:08 to go in the half on a 4-yard completion to Darnell Sanders. After being flushed out of the pocket by Jeremy Loyd and Trev Faulk and getting spun around by Faulk, he got back to his feet.

While limping, Grossman signaled for a trainer. He then sat down and grabbed his left knee in pain, and slammed his helmet on the cart before being taken off the field.

The Bears used four quarterbacks last year and have used at least three in six of seven seasons. They could be stuck in a similar predicament this year given that backup Chad Hutchinson is unproven.

General manager Jerry Angelo said in the offseason that he was committed to having a veteran backup on board, but the team passed on Kurt Warner, Brad Johnson and Jay Fiedler.

Grossman was 6-for-11 for 52 yards before leaving the scoreless game. He was replaced by Hutchinson, who led the Bears to their only first-half score on the same drive.

2. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

broken ankle. This guy can't get it together.

3. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>broken ankle. This guy can't get it together.</div>

He cant get it together? What his bones? What kind of dumb comment is this? Like he has any control over that!! What he should have reinforced his ankle with Titanium!! Just when i think i have read the dumbest post ever, you post again

4. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

Poor guy another hit of bad luck.

5. GoChiagobears

GoChiagobears nfl-*****s member

i jus cant belive this happend again

6. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>broken ankle. This guy can't get it together.</div>

He cant get it together? What his bones? What kind of dumb comment is this? Like he has any control over that!! What he should have reinforced his ankle with Titanium!! Just when i think i have read the dumbest post ever, you post again</div>

ok thanks for taken your anger out on me. Do you feel better now.

7. Send em back al

Send em back al nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>broken ankle. This guy can't get it together.</div>

Can't get it together? What are you talking about? A broken ankle and a blown knee have what to do with getting things together? [​IMG]

8. Send em back al

Send em back al nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>broken ankle. This guy can't get it together.</div>

He cant get it together? What his bones? What kind of dumb comment is this? Like he has any control over that!! What he should have reinforced his ankle with Titanium!! Just when i think i have read the dumbest post ever, you post again</div>

ok thanks for taken your anger out on me. Do you feel better now.</div>

My bad. Didn't see that BF1 had taken you to task already. I should have known that he would step up and attack, err, uhh, I mean point out, err, uhh, take his anger out on you for making a comment that wasn't well thought out. [​IMG]

9. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

damn he cant catch a break well he can lol he just caught a broken ankle [​IMG] i like Grossman I wish he would stay healthy so we could see his full potential in the NFL. Tough luck for the bears and Grossman. U gotta think about whats going through his mind now he must be fustrated as f**k.

10. ranman

ranman nfl-*****s member

Jeff George might have chance to play this year in the NFL!

11. MysteryMan

MysteryMan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>damn he cant catch a break well he can lol he just caught a broken ankle [​IMG]</div>

HAHAHAHAHA

I think the bears should trade their first round for someone really good like JP LOsman [​IMG] He sounds like a pro bowler from wht ive heard from bills fans [​IMG] Theyre going to have to pick up an experienced QB. I dont see Orton as a good starter but they may not have a choice.

12. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

Wow...I actually looked forward to watching him play...he seemed like he had all sorts of potential, but now I'm not sure where he'll go.

The good news in all of this is that Kyle Orton may get a chance to start. Orton was my favority college QB last year. I have no idea if he is going to make it as a pro football player, but I liked his leadership.

13. Bleedblk&gld

Bleedblk&gld The Drive

I hope Orton plays well.

14. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Kyle Orton just started his campaign for rookie of the year... (or biggest bust ever)

I guess time will tell.

15. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

They are gonna have to find someway to get a good veteran in there. Hutchinson hasnt done anything good, and Orton will be good later but not just now.

They should try trading for Billy Volek, he can light up the scoreboard.

16. nflfan04

nflfan04 Dazed and Confused

dammit! there goes all of my bears predictions.

17. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

If they get a good backup QB, they might be able to resurrecte their season

18. GoChiagobears

GoChiagobears nfl-*****s member

The bears need to i dontknow what the they need to do i mean we got a good D and we got a good everything else besides QB Chad better do good damn it

19. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

maybe they'll go out and sign Vinny. ha that can't be a good sign.

20. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Send Em Back Al)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>broken ankle. This guy can't get it together.</div>

Can't get it together? What are you talking about? A broken ankle and a blown knee have what to do with getting things together? [​IMG]</div>

what it's the truth. he can't get his bones together. :cheesey:

actually I meant it by that he is not really catching a break and his life can't be that good at this time.