Grossmen

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by GoChiagobears, Dec 18, 2005.

1. GoChiagobears

GoChiagobears nfl-*****s member

Rex was pretty good i think he will be our starter and i think he will do good things for us.

2. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

It will be good to see how he can do while getting reps in practice

3. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

47.1... lets not hype him up yet..

4. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>47.1... lets not hype him up yet..</div>

Let the hyping begin

5. GoChiagobears

duh wow one pick and he just got in he took us down the field faster than kyle orton every did cut it out he got us down the field and got us 10 more points.

6. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

[​IMG]you could at least spell your QB's name right [​IMG]

7. GoChiagobears

yea still i know he aint the best QB in the world but he can give us 20 points a game, and most of all he can comeback from behind

8. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

Any QB next to Orton is going to look like the second coming of Marino.

Let's just not start double standards here...the jury is definitely still out on Grossman. You can't be making all sorts of excuses for Grossman's bad QB rating then rip on someone like Vick for being a bad passer.

9. 4THNLONGFELLOW

4THNLONGFELLOW Chicago Bears *********

Hello again my fellow CHI-TOWN pals. Some of you I actually don't know yet but BF1 I still remember. I am sorry that I missed this year pretty much (especially with the good year we have had), but I had computer problems for a while and I finally broke down and bought a new laptop, so I am back and glad to be. I have missed this place. I am glad to have REX back, say what you will about him but you could tell that there was an automatic spark when he came in last night and he put 10 points on the board which I doubt ORTON could have done. For a rookie he did the job well enough. Wow, can you imagine this team with an offence? It could be a scary thought but a good time to find it right here at playoff time. By the way if the BEARS beat Green Bay next sunday or the Vikes lose to Baltimore we clinch a playoff spot. We are actually #2 in the NFC right now if I am not mistaken. I can't praise our D enough, #1 D as a matter of fact. Anyway's I don't want to get to long winded on my first post so I will end it as I always have. Go BEARS!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "Step aside ORTON, starter coming through"

10. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Any QB next to Orton is going to look like the second coming of Marino.

Let's just not start double standards here...the jury is definitely still out on Grossman. You can't be making all sorts of excuses for Grossman's bad QB rating then rip on someone like Vick for being a bad passer.</div>

That's what I was thinking...

11. Wannab Favre

Wannab Favre nfl-*****s member

Hey GoChicagoBears, looks like you got your wish!

But wouldn't Grossmen be the plural of Grossman meaning there is more than one on the field, how many beers have you had dude?

12. GoChiagobears

Im glad to see bear fans support here not....

13. Wannab Favre

Wannab Favre nfl-*****s member

I am supporting the move, I honestly didnt think Grossman would look so sharp after missing 30+ games but man he did a lot of good things out there

14. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

15. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>47.1</div>
    LOL

16. GoChiagobears

sigh porky what is wrong with you? not likeing the QB who leads the league in picks get a grip man Rex isnt elway but he is a alright QB and if you wanna go by one game than you go and do that but im just gonna say one thing. 3-11

17. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'>sigh porky what is wrong with you? not likeing the QB who leads the league in picks get a grip man Rex isnt elway but he is a alright QB and if you wanna go by one game than you go and do that but im just gonna say one thing. 3-11</div>
    So you are going to judge Grossman's performance on one game?

Give him a few games before you make any judgements on him.

18. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'>sigh porky what is wrong with you? not likeing the QB who leads the league in picks get a grip man Rex isnt elway but he is a alright QB and if you wanna go by one game than you go and do that but im just gonna say one thing. 3-11</div>

You guys are hyping yourselves up as Super Contenders now and when you look at the team after one game you don't look any better than you did before. I don't dislike Rex. I don't dislike Orton... I just don't believe you guys can hype a QB up like you've been doing so far. Give him sometime. What if he gets hurt again or continues to play as bad as he has in the past. It's not like you have a sure thing coming off the bench like you continue to say... These next couple games will let me get a first hand look at Rex... Your looking at all the positve things but lets not forget the negative things like messing with the chemistry of the team or pretty much what I said above about him getting hurt again and playing bad like he has.

19. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'>sigh porky what is wrong with you? not likeing the QB who leads the league in picks get a grip man Rex isnt elway but he is a alright QB and if you wanna go by one game than you go and do that but im just gonna say one thing. 3-11</div>

You guys are hyping yourselves up as Super Contenders now and when you look at the team after one game you don't look any better than you did before. I don't dislike Rex. I don't dislike Orton... I just don't believe you guys can hype a QB up like you've been doing so far. Give him sometime. What if he gets hurt again or continues to play as bad as he has in the past. It's not like you have a sure thing coming off the bench like you continue to say... These next couple games will let me get a first hand look at Rex...</div>
    He has 7 games played [​IMG]

20. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'>sigh porky what is wrong with you? not likeing the QB who leads the league in picks get a grip man Rex isnt elway but he is a alright QB and if you wanna go by one game than you go and do that but im just gonna say one thing. 3-11</div>

You guys are hyping yourselves up as Super Contenders now and when you look at the team after one game you don't look any better than you did before. I don't dislike Rex. I don't dislike Orton... I just don't believe you guys can hype a QB up like you've been doing so far. Give him sometime. What if he gets hurt again or continues to play as bad as he has in the past. It's not like you have a sure thing coming off the bench like you continue to say... These next couple games will let me get a first hand look at Rex...</div>
    He has 7 games played [​IMG]</div>
    That's my point. In those seven games his career passer rating is worse than Mike Vick someone who you always point out to be a bad QB because of the passer rating. Grossmen has only 3 career TD's in 7 games played. That's not even ONE touchdown pass a game.. He also only averages about 162 yards passing a game which is not very good. Yet you consider yourselves legit contenders now... So after one game this season that Grossmen plays he doesn't look as if he made any progress what so ever.. and neither did the Bears passing game..