GS @ LAL: Charles Jenkins to start at PG

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Run BJM, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warr...rt-at-PG-vs-Lakers?blockID=626188&feedID=5882

Ish seems to have disappeared entirely from the rotation.

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

It's probably because Nate Robinson made him obsolete. Nate probably has about the same feet quickness and he can shoot better. Also, I think the warriors are trying to give Jenkins some more burn.

3. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Yeah Nate looked like a clear upgrade over both last night. With Curry out we need him even more. As great as Ish was at getting into the paint he had no idea what to do with it from there, doesn't set guys up very much and can't score real well. Jenkins doesn't do a whole lot but hes big and not a liability on defense so you feel better about putting him out there with Monta.

For all his faults Nate is a clear upgrade in talent. Hes a threat to score from everywhere on the court and I liked that he looked to move the ball and/or run some offense before calling his own number. Apparently he recently found god and has a Mark Jackson-esque twitter professing his love for god and whatnot. Doesn't necessarily mean hes matured but between that and drawing such little interest in FA and just getting older (he'll be 28 in May) maybe he'll play more responsibly. Hes still a 6th man type volume scorer but I expect most backup PG to be combo guard types anyway. If Klay continues to be consistent shooting the ball then I'll trust this bench a lot more as we would have a few scorers in addition to defensive players like Rush, Kwame, McGuire, Udoh.

4. i hate the warriors

i hate the warriors Slingboxing from LONDON

Nate made a couple dumb plays last night, no doubt...took some inexplicable jumpers and one or two boneheaded passes. However, I agree, he's definitely the best backup point we have. We seem to get into this mode where the game slows down, and our offense goes completely stagnant...it turns into Monta time, which is never good in the long run. Nate seems to be the number one candidate for an offensive sparkplug that can create his own shot. If Jackson can put him in his place, and keep him playing intelligently, I think he'll be a very nice pick up for us.