GT: Rockets @ Lakers (12/15)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by igotask8board, Dec 15, 2006.

1. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]VS[​IMG]
    Tuesday, December 12, 2006
    Toyota Center Houston, Texas
    0730 PM(CT), FSNSW

[​IMG]

<font color="blue">Los Angeles Lakers</font>

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    <font color="blue">S.Parker(PG),K.Bryant(SG),L.Walton(SF),L.Odom(PF),K.Brown&copy;</font>[/CENTER]

<font color="blue">Leading Scorer:</font> K.Bryant(26.4 PPG)
    <font color="blue">Leading Rebounder:</font> Lamar Odom(9.1 RPG)
    <font color="blue">Assist Leader:</font> L. Odom(5.1 APG)

<div align="center"><font color="red">Houston Rockets</font>

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    <font color="red">R.Alston(PG),L.Head(SG),S.Battier(SF),C.Hayes(PF),Y.Ming&copy;</font></div>

<font color="red">Leading Scorer:</font> Y.Ming(25.5 PPG)
    <font color="red">Leading Rebounder:</font> Y. Ming(9.5 RPG)
    <font color="red">Assist Leader:</font> T.McGrady(6.3 APG)

<div align="center">Keys To THe Game</div>

<font color="blue">Double Team Yao:</font> Although Phil Jackson does not usually employ double team on Yao, he may have the luxury this time because TMac is out. Defenses will gonna concentrate on the Rockets primary scorer. Shutting down Yao will be a big plus for the Lakers but keep the defense honest on the Rockets perimeter shooters as they can make you pay anytime. Employ the defense that the Suns and Timberwolves used against Yao. Like those those teams the Lakers have the athletic and long PF who can provide very good help defense to disrupt Yao's game.

<font color="blue">Take Advantage of TMac's Abscence:</font> With TMac doubtful to play tonight the Rockets will gonna miss his scoring,passing, rebounding,defense and the double team he attracts. Kobe and Lamar are both good passers. The way they attract the defense they can pass the ball easily to the open man for easy points. Lamar should take advantage of his height and quickness against Hayes and Howard as Battier will have his hands full guarding Kobe. Walton may probably have smaller players guarding him. He may have an easier time shooting over them unless JVG choses to put Novak or Wells(hopefully he plays) against him.

<font color="red">Yao Must Take Advantage of the Lakers Inexperienced Centers:</font> The Rockets know that Kwame and Bynum are not yet good defensively. If they can prevent the Lakers' help defense from swarming Yao, he may provide a big boost to the Rockets offense as he can score easily against them.

<font color="red">Good Ball Movement:</font> Aside from Yao the rest must take confidence in themselves to fill up TMac shoes. Good ball movement will keep the Lakers guessing whose gonna score instead of just putting their concentration on defending Yao. Look for Novak to be given minutes at SF position to neutralize Walton's height advantage.

<font color="red">Play Lockdown Defense:</font> This is the Rockets pride being number one on limiting opponents' points and FG%. Kobe will have his usual numbers but he might have to bleed for it like Lebron. If the Rockets can make Kobe play the one man game the game will be on their(Rockets) favor. Making the Lakers take tough shots disrupts their offense and confidence. Yao and Hayes must discipline themselves to minimize their fouls in order to stay long in the game.

Sorry I can't make a preview. I have to go to work. Thanks blueracer.

2. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

Nice preview. The top pictures are a bit to the left, but it doesnt matter. Good preview.

Man its payback time now! And still no sign of Tmac? Like I said before, Battier needs to slow down Kobe. Luther Head and Rafer Alston have to run the back court like they did yesterday where they combined for 45 points. Yao ming needs to continue his streak and score 30 points. Like I said before, if both of our powerforwards (Juwan and Chuck) struggle, then we have a big chance of losing. Atleast one or both need to step up for this win. We have to close out the games good and not allow anymore game winners. Yao definetly has an advantage against the Laker centers, but remember, they didnt double team him last team, and he scored a lot, so look for them to double up Yao this time. Chuck Hayes needs to start scoring because in his last three games he has scored: 2 points against Wizards, 3 points against Lakers, and 2 points against Warriors. Also his scoring is also due to his field goal attempts which have been 1-1 against Wizards, 1-2 against Lakers, and 1-3 against Warriors. He showed us that he deserved the starting 4 position which is the reason I expect a lot from Chuck Hayes. He will need to step up this game. Also, I want Bonzi to start playing like he played in the post season last year, and I want JVG to please give Bonzi some more minutes so that can allow Bonzi to come back and play like he used to play. Man I really feel we can win this game, but thats only if everyone do their part. Its payback time now Lakers fans! GO ROCKETS!!!!

3. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Just a quick note Odom is injured, Radman is likely starting tonight for the Lakers.

It's very tough to beat a team two times in a row, but the Lakers had an extra day of rest and preparation for tonight.

The Rockets played a highly competitive game last night, and I'm not sure they can handle a physical Laker team.

I'm really curious to see what adjustments JVG will make (if any), and what PJax will do to counter his adjustments. Radman is slowly getting his confidence back, he's due for a breakout game and I like his chances tonight.

Radman drops 30 .. Lakers win!

4. umair

^ Radmanovic wont drop 30 unless Chuck Hayes plays his A game today.
    I think the Lakers will look to double up Yao Ming early on and if he does good, then look for him to get double teamed the whole game. I say Yao Ming will score atleast 30 and 10. Rockets win this one close 97-93

5. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

hmmm, a tired Tmac-less Rockets vs. a fresh Odom-less Lakers.

I would expect the Lakers to have an advantage.
    <div class="quote_poster">Umair Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">^ Radmanovic wont drop 30 unless Chuck Hayes plays his A game today.</div>I think you mean Radmonovic won't score 30 if Chuck Hayes plays his A game.

6. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

Man, when the hell is T-Mac coming back?

He is starting to tick me off, just when the Rockets were heating up and heading in the right direction... just attempting to block a shot injures him!
    We need a reliable player!

7. Skiptomylue11

<div class="quote_poster">Pakman Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Man, when the hell is T-Mac coming back?

He is starting to tick me off, just when the Rockets were heating up and heading in the right direction... just attempting to block a shot injures him!
    We need a reliable player!</div> Steve Francis is probably a cheap commodity at the moment. [​IMG] and I heard AI is on the market. I don't know what the Knicks would even want for Francis if they wanted to trade him.

But imo I think the Rockets best plan is to stick with their roster, if Tmac is healthy when playoffs arrive who knows what will happen.

8. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    I won't mind Steve Francis right now. The way he's playing right now with New York is detrimental to his own value, but he's become a much better team player with Marbury dominating the rock. Rarely will you see him jack up 15 or more shots more, instead he'll wind up with 6 or so assists. He'll be good at the 2 when we need to go small or the one, sending Alston to the bench.

Juwan for Stevie? Let's make it happen!

9. Skiptomylue11

^^
    Howard + Bonzi + Sura's contract + pick(s) is within range of Francis' contract.
    Howard + Snyder + Padgett + Sura's contract + pick(s)?

10. Shapecity

The Lakers are being IDIOTIC on offense. You have a guard defending Radman and they refuse to get him the ball in the post.

11. Shapecity

And just as I say that Radman gets an easy basket in the POST. All night long to Radman come on Lakers.

Yaho hurt his arm smacking the backboard on a shotblock attempt.

12. umair

Yeah SkiptomyLue is correct. The best thing to do is stick with our roster and not make any big changes in our roster. The way we are playing is very good (with Tmac in lineup and healthy). When Tmac comes back healthy, we have an awesome lineup including Bonzi off the bench so I dont see any needs in making a big deal.

13. Shapecity

I hate Smush Parker. RADMAN again in the post YES!

14. Shapecity

That was a bad call on Rafer, Smush was out of control with his dribble.

15. Shapecity

Jesus. Run the damn Triangle and post up Radman, what is Kobe doing? Dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, turnover.

Great timeout by PJax. The Lakers look lost tonight.

16. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Umair Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah SkiptomyLue is correct. The best thing to do is stick with our roster and not make any big changes in our roster. The way we are playing is very good (with Tmac in lineup and healthy). When Tmac comes back healthy, we have an awesome lineup including Bonzi off the bench so I dont see any needs in making a big deal.</div>
    I'm not too confident with Head backing up at the point. He's a good shooting guard but he doesn't have the ball control abilities and speed to be able to run the point efficiently. Francis would make us even better defensively on the wing, and his ability to penetrate will help. With TMac out the last two games, it was obvious that the team lost because no one was able to consistently drive into the lane, causing our shooters to stand around on the perimeter. Guys like Shane Battier and Head got great looks when TMac drove and kicked it back out; without TMac they haven't been able to.

Also, I'd rather depend on Francis as a third scorer than Bonzi Wells in his current state.

shape, gettin' lonely in the Lakers forum? [​IMG]

17. Skiptomylue11

Radman looks like he has been living in a Zen monastary, a cave, or something (very scruffy).

Rockets defense and defensive rebounding seems to be very good so far.

18. Shapecity

It's a freakin Yao Ming block party.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">shape, gettin' lonely in the Lakers forum?</div>

Yeah, people in LA have better things to do on Friday nights. I'm just waiting for my girl to get home and I'll join the rest of LA getting drunk.

19. Shapecity

<div class="quote_poster">SkiptoMyLue11 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Radman looks like he has been living in a Zen monastary, a cave, or something (very scruffy).

Rockets defense and defensive rebounding seems to be very good so far.</div>

No he looks like Al Pacino in Serpico.

[​IMG]

20. Shapecity

21% shooting, 8 turnovers, what else can we do wrong tonight?