Happy Forth of July!

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by DaLincolnJones, Jul 4, 2015.

1. DaLincolnJones

DaLincolnJones Well-Known Member

To all of you a happy and safe Forth. Eat, drink and be merry all!

PDXFonz, Darkwebs and donkiez like this.
  2. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Happy 4th!

3. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

The A's fireworks game was a bust - they were down 4-3 in the 8th, then gave up 5 runs. Oi! My friend I was supposed to go with backed out at the last moment convinced there would be a terrorist attack on the stadium - no joke. Since she does not take BART, I tried pointing out to her she is in far more danger driving home on a freeway full of people who have been drinking all game. I gave her the NY Times article about risk, how people in this country are more likely to die drowning in their bathtub than via terrorism but are highly likely to develop cancer and/or heart disease. The article talked about people who demand 100% protection against hypothetical terrorism while smoking 2 packs a day. But try to reason with irrational fears! I had prepared a picnic for the both of us since she bought the tickets. Scraped the bottom of my address book trying to find someone to take the second ticket but everyone already had plans. The food all came out good, though!

Still, any day I don't have to go to work is a good day!

Went on a mad barbecue binge, filled refrigerator and freezer with grilled burgers stuffed with tapenade, grilled vegetable salad, grilled vegetable skewers, chicken souvlaki, grilled lemon herb chicken, teriyaki flank steak, grilled green beans (really!), grilled squid salad, grilled trout stuffed with lime and cilantro (fabulous!). So I'll be eating barbecue for a while.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    DaLincolnJones likes this.