Haslett the Hypocrit

Discussion in 'NFC South' started by TheBeef, Dec 21, 2003.

1. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Anyone else think it was hypocritical for Haslett to express his anger about the Horn cell phone thing after the game, even though he allowed him to keep playing in a blowout(he caught 2 more TDs before he was done)...what message does that send????

2. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

I disagree ... Haslett's paid to win and you don't pull you #1 WR because he gets a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. He was correct to have expressed his anger about the ME ME ME, I I I show Horn put on after his 2nd TD. He also should have imposed a heavy team fine on Horn. Did the team fine him?

3. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

What message are you sending if you tell a guy his behavior is out of line, but keep catching TDs and Ill put up with it....you are setting up a double standard and you are in danger of losing your football team....if a guy disrespects the game, you should bench him...hell that game was a near blow out anyway....dont come out after the game and tell me you were mad at him, if you wont do something when it counts...HYPOCRIT

4. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I don't think the Saints fined him. They let the NFL do it and boy, did the NFL fine him! Perhaps that's part of the problem. Coaches and front offices are too scared to fine or disipline their superstar players, so they let the league office do it. Personally, I don't think the NFL should step in. If the Saints front office, Haslett and the other Saint players are comfortable with how that type of behavior reflects on their team, then so be it. I think it's stupid on the Saints part because they're not good enough to win consistantly without giving other teams incentive to kick their butts. I would have liked to have seen Joe Horn pull that stunt on a Parcells coached team.