Politics Hating white people, so hot right now...

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Natebishop3, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...s_people_of_color_felt.html#incart_river_home

I find it utterly ridiculous that chefs should feel bad for cooking food from other cultures. Completely and utterly ridiculous.

I don't understand how these people don't see the irony, the double standard, in what they're saying. They say they moved here to be accepted, and yet they're singling out white restaurants for stealing their culture. They want to feel accepted, but they do not accept others. They're hypocrites. Until people understand that by singling out white people, by judging white people, by lumping everyone that appears to be white into one group, they are further propagating division and resentment. This country is a melting pot, and our food reflects that diversity. Why are people trying to change that?

I'm also tired of this Utopian Portland bullshit. I have no fucking clue how the outside image of Portland became this perfect city for all people, regardless of race, religion, or sexual preference. Yes, Portland has a lot of very liberal people. Yes, I think this city can be very accepting, but if the city is 76% white you're going to have a much higher chance of running into someone that's racist or bigoted. It's simple math. If the city was only 25% white, then you would have a lower chance of even seeing a white person, let alone seeing one that was vocally racist or bigoted. I also think that the higher population of white people in Portland gives these people a bit of an emboldened attitude because they're not completely surrounded by other races.

It seems like the people who are moving here because they think Portland is more inclusive, are running into the people who are moving here to be in a whiter community. And as more people move here from other communities from all over the country, we will slowly lose what Portland once was, and see this city evolve into a totally different society. We are seeing different political, cultural, and religious groups all coming together in this city, and there has been friction.

But it seems to me, that the way to solve these problems is to start highlighting our similarities and not our differences. I just wish these people would practice what they preach. You can't tell me in one sentence that you want to be accepted, and then in the next breath tell me that white people should not be serving a dish from your country.

2. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

I want to be accepted and white people should not be serving a dish from my country.

barfo

3. Natebishop3

But you don't have a country... you are a pirate. You were born on the sea.

4. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Right - white people should stay away from seafood.

barfo

5. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Wow!
    This a screwed up take from the article.

"It meant squaring off with white roommates who blamed the attacks on mental illness, rather than the racism..."

WTF?

6. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Darn good idea if you have the Gout. But it works for other too.

7. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    :blink: huh?

8. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    [​IMG]

He/she sure has been indoctrinated.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  9. Natebishop3

If the city is 76% white people, wouldn't you say there's a higher chance you're going to run into a white person that's openly racist towards minorities?

Or, to put it more plainly, more white people = larger pool of opinions and beliefs.

10. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Well, the most racist people I have ever been around were Pakistani. The Japanese are neat people but damn, they are racial intolerant.

Not sure why you think White people are more racist than anyone else. Look at the shit going on at that Campus in Olympia. They don't even want white people there.

But on the other hand, as far as Portland goes, you might be right for all I know.

BonesJones and Jade Falcon like this.
  11. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

I have a really hard time with these articles.

Grabbing your stupid head gear is wrong and illegal. Point for you.

Security on Max is bad because people who don't pay are apparently disproportionately black or Hispanic. Tough, lose a point.

Some asshole bear sprayed a family for no reason, if true point for you.

You don't like white people cooking ethnic food..GET FUCKED, lose a point.

White people don't have anyone to check them? They're called the cops and if you think some black or white person who isn't a cop is checking me you're out of your mind. I'll start checking anyone I feel like it if you're saying it's my responsibility. CUZ I WOULD LOVE IT (George Costanza voice)

TriMet gave free rides to protestors? Wrong. Point. Didn't give them to other protestors? Wrong again. Point.

They should just move to Vegas, nobody here really gives a fuck. Mexicans call black guys Mayates I think it is and white guys gueros or something like that but otherwise nobody really cares.

We all pretty much get along and I'm always around some lucky prick who can tolerate the sun way better than me.

12. Natebishop3

Dude..... you're making my head hurt. I'm not sure how many more ways I can say this.

I'm not saying white people are more racist. I'm saying if you are in an area that's predominantly one race type, you're more likely to run into someone of that race who is racist.

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  13. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Dude?

Are the above two quotes the same in your mind?

14. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

I cook mostly mexican food. Sometimes i give thai or chinese a shot. I guess i should embrace being white and eat nothing but hot dogs marshmellows and cracka ass crackas.

15. Natebishop3

And you don't see how those two statements are connected?

The whole damn article is about racist white people. I shouldn't have to spell it out for you that not all white people are racist, but that there's a higher chance of running into a racist white person in a city that's 76% white.

And you're taking a snapshot quote out of the middle of a much larger post.... pretty easy to make it fit that message. You left out the whole second part of that thought, which pretty clearly explains what I'm saying.

"If the city was only 25% white, then you would have a lower chance of even seeing a white person, let alone seeing one that was vocally racist or bigoted."

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  16. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

I'll let you go to PF Changs and Pok Pok, but only if you Instagram your meal.

17. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

I bet he doesn't have a problem with white people eating food from his country, so why not cooking? Oh yeah, that's right, you don't want competition. Newsflash, America was built on competition. If you don't want to complete, go the fuck home.

18. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

Another example like evergreen where people go too far and it's getting dangerous man. These two made social media accounts and their little spin on burritos was doing good and apparently that's cultural appropriation? I mean this shit happens all the time now. Anybody can make whatever kind of food they want, it's fucking ridiculous. So because of the mentally ill, their business that was doing good just gets ruined like that. It's crazy and this idea of cultural appropriation is the dumbest thing I ever saw. Saw this clip the other today. People just want to be outraged and mad at something.

MarAzul likes this.
  19. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Man you ain't spelled nothing out. Your dumb ass statement stood out as wrong as hell. I gave you a chance to correct and you double down like a fucking idiot.
    You could correct the fool error you know, and lose nothing.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  20. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This seems fitting.
    It's one of the reasons why I ignore when certain posters on this board quote me.

BonesJones and RipCityDSCPL like this.