Hawks continue workouts Monday

Discussion in 'Atlanta Hawks' started by Hawksfreak, Jun 17, 2003.

1. Hawksfreak

Hawksfreak JBB JustBBall Member

Keith Bogans, 6-5, 215, Guard, Kentucky

How did today's workout go?
    "It was a good workout. I was with some smaller guards today, but it was good to see how I match up with the little guys. They're a whole lot faster, but overall, I thought the workout went well. This was my seventh workout, and I have about five to go."

What are the strengths of your game, and what do teams not know about you until you worked out for them?
    "I don't think a lot of teams realized that I could shoot the ball as well as I can. And I can defend. But I think those are two of the things that teams are starting to realize about me that they didn't see in the past."

Are there any players in the league right now who you pattern your game after?
    "I really like Ray Allen's game.

Does your four years of college experience give you a leg up on other draft candidates?
    "I truly believe it's a big advantage - just from the maturity level and the experience. You've been through it all, you know what to expect. And you know how much work you have to put in."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hollis Price, 6-1, 172, Guard, Oklahoma

Can you assess your performance in today's workout?
    "I think I did pretty good. Coach (Stotts) is an O.U. grad, so that had me excited. When he first walked in, he had his O.U. hat on, so I had to give him a little thumbs up on that. But the workout was competitive. You had two S.E.C. guys and a Big 12 guy, and this past season it was a tossup as to which conference was the best. So I think I proved what conference was the best today."

How many workouts have you done so far?
    "This is my sixth. I have three or four left. Today's was similar to the others I've done. All of them get you through some shooting drills, defensive drills, everything."

What are the strengths of your game, and something that you do well that teams might not have known about before this process?
    "I think I always show my quickness, and the way I can get my shot off, and shooting ability, along with leadership. I think those that saw me in Chicago (pre-draft camp), they saw the leadership that I had on the court with the team."

Are there any players that you model your game after?
    "A lot of guys compare me to Darrell Armstrong. Because he competes, he can shoot and he's a winner. And those are my characteristics. I just came from (a workout in) Houston, and they said I looked like B.J. Armstrong, because I look so young."

Does the four years in college give you any advantage over others in the draft?
    "Nowadays, it's not really an advantage because of the guys overseas. That's the big difference. But it (college) was still such a learning experience. Everybody has to go through the same thing, regardless of whether they're overseas or two years of college, or one year, or whatever."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Derrick Zimmerman, 6-3, 195, Guard, Mississippi St.

How did today's workout go?
    "The workout was real good. It was competitive. We all know each other from college playing, and we got after it real good."

How many workouts have you had so far?
    "This was my fourth one. It gets tiring sometimes, but you have to suck it up and just go play. A lot of the workouts are all the same, but the people here were very respectful, and nice. And you actually had coaches working you out."

What are the strengths of your game?
    "I think teams are realizing I can shoot the ball better than some people have said I can. My ability to get to the basket, and my overall athletic ability are strengths. I think I'm as athletic as any point guard."

Are there any NBA players you pattern your game after?
    "I try to pattern a little bit after Jason Kidd and Baron Davis. They're some of the top point guards in the league."

2. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

Keith Bogans would fit in Atlanta.

3. Truemaster14

Truemaster14 JBB JustBBall Member

They need a bigger guard to play with Jason Terry and keith bogans is only like 6'5".

4. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

Well out of those 3 choices,Bogans would be the best to choose. I know they need a bigger guard.

5. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Keith Bogans would be a good choice...very good in college.....