Hawks @ GSW

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by AlleyOop, Feb 25, 2011.

1. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

Warriors are soft and lazy. Halftime score, Hawks up 55-35.

Warriors have weak hands, soft, weary passes, one-handed passes, off-target passes, weak arms, they don't rip it, the don't protect the ball with 2 hands, they don't come to meet the ball and rip it out of the air, they wait for the ball to softly float in their hands, like lazy little schoolgirls, really (no offense ladies).

Conversely, Hawks are all up in your shit, ripping it, snatching at it, deflecting half of GS passes, not letting them to set up position, physically pushing them around, and otherwise completely dominating their will.

What's even worse, I thought the Murphy trade was a wash if anything, but really it exposes this team even more.

If GS really was planning a hail-mary playoff push, why trade 2 of your big men for a 2nd round pick? It's evident tonight. The Warriors could use Gadz in there to bang, scrap, dive for loose balls, and rebound. And they could use a look at Wright, too.

They're forced to rely on Amundson to play heavy C minutes right now. Their big-man depth suddenly went from solid to suspect.

Warriors are shooting terribly, but it's not just bad luck. It's because they're getting horrible shots. And that's because they are playing horribly with the ball, careless passes, again, bad entry passes, poor decisions, weak decisions, and weak body language. Is there a softer team in the league than GS? I challenge you to find one...

P.S. for as tough as he acts, David Lee is soft as hell too. Can someone tell this guy to hit the weights? He's getting physically dominated by Marvin Williams, and that ain't cool.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  2. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

oops, now they're down by 30...

3. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    The Warriors started out flat and I was waiting for someone to pick up the slack, but no one did. The Hawks were just too strong inside and killed the Warriors on the boards. One and done won't do it. I was hoping Udoh would step up, but he's not that good. On defense he's okay, but not much on offense. I thought Lou was great on the boards because it seemed like he was getting a lot of caroms, but on offense he's horrible. Hands of stone? David Lee and Monta Ellis kinda got it going, but the Warriors were in too big a hole to dig out from when they weren't getting defensive rebounds and missing their shots on the other end. Riley did not address the Warriors weaknesses. Maybe that's why they were flat. They lost a couple of fellow players and got nobody new back. Heck, I try throwing Troy Murphy out there just to see what he could do at PF or C, but Larry Riley already ruled it out. Riley sucks.

4. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    What a great showing at home. This team should be ashamed of itself. I'm so disenchanted with the organization right now. No vision, no direction, no leadership, just empty promise after empty promise after empty promise. Just wait until the offseason when either or both of Curry and Ellis demand for a trade and the front office loses any value that we may have in them now.

5. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Glad I missed this one.

6. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

Probably the ugliest game of the year, in a season with its fair share of ugly games. Embarrassing is the right word, that was a disgraceful performance, they should not be able to call themselves "professionals" after that. Boston they just got beat by a better team, but in this game they didn't even bother to show up. I would ask for my money back.