Hawks Match Offer Sheet

Discussion in 'Atlanta Hawks' started by mike18946, Sep 14, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Hawks Will Match Terry Offer Sheet...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1613972

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Atlanta Hawks restricted free agent guard Jason Terry signed a three-year, $24 million offer sheet with the Utah Jazz on Thursday after turning down Atlanta's seven-year, $50 million offer, ESPN's David Aldridge reports.

In a telephone interview, Terry told Aldridge that he hoped the Hawks would not match the sheet. But Hawks general manager Billy Knight, reached by phone in Sweden at the European Basketball Championships, told Aldridge that the Hawks would match the deal.

Terry, a first-round draft pick out of Arizona in 1999, has spent his four NBA seasons with the Hawks, averaging 16.1 points and 5.6 assists. Last season he averaged 17.2 points and a career-best 7.4 assists.
    </div>

Smart move by the Hawks...Surprised it was only a 3 year deal worth 22 million though

2. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

Does not surprise me

3. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Who edited my damn subject heading? I put Hawks will match Terry offer..not has...so who edited my message? change it back now please...

4. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

lol...this board is OVER moderated, moderators changing each others subject headings and stuff like that...its gotten out of hand

on topic...its deffo a smart move by the hawks, although, they will still be bottom of the barrell in the east

5. Ice

Ice JBB Member

I feel back for him, being stuck in terrible Atl