Hawks @ Warriors: PREVIEW

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Atlanta Hawks(1-3) @ GS Warriors(1-2)
    Wednesday, Nov. 5
    7:30 pm

Coaches
    [​IMG][​IMG]Eric Musselman/Terry Scotts

Probable Starters
    [​IMG][​IMG]Speedy Claxon/Jason Terry
    [​IMG][​IMG]Jason Richardson/Dion Glover
    [​IMG][​IMG]Mike Dunleavy/Stephen Jackson
    [​IMG][​IMG]Clifford Robinson/Shareef Abdur-Rahim
    [​IMG][​IMG]Erick Dampier/Theo Ratliff

Injured List
    Hawks: Dan Dickua, Terrell Brandon, Obinna Ekezie
    Warriors: Mickael Pietrus, Troy Murphy, Evan Eschmeyer, NVE

Warriors
    [​IMG]
    J-Rich is finally back after serving his suspension. The Warriors will have Cheany coming off the bench and the Warriors depth will finally begin to show as the Warriors become healthy. This is a game they should win and need to win. I know it is early in the season but this is one of those must win games. The Warriors schedule is too difficult and must win these games against less competitive teams. J-Rich is in shape and I expect a big night from him.

Hawks
    The Hawks are coming off a nice win over the Hornets for their first win of the season. Their emotions are high. The Warriors are the better team but are still lacking depth, even with J-Rich's return. If the Hawks can run the floor consistently and wear out the Warriors, they will have a good chance in this one.

Rudeezy's take
    The Warriors will win this one by double-digits. They finally have J-Rich back and Cheany will be great coming off the bench. Warriors by 14.

2. Rudeezy

Update: Nick Van Exel is listed as probable and might be in the starting line up tonight against the Hawks. J-Rich and NVE back...life is getting better for the Warriors.

3. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

If he isn't playing tonight then Nick is a gaurantee for Friday's game. The Warriors have to win tonight. So far they have proved that they can hang with the big boys of the league without their marquee players so if they lose to a team like the Hawks then it will be a step backward in the team's confidence...

4. Rudeezy

Yes, definately a must win. Its early in the season but still, a must win.

5. Rudeezy

UPDATE #2: Nick Van Exel is going to start tonight. It was a game time decision and he feels great so he is going.

This should be interesting to watch.

6. Rudeezy

The Warriors blow out the Hawks 99-70 to even their record to 2-2. NVE and Richardson both made their presence felt scoring 12 and 16 respectively. Dampier was once again a monster on the boards grabbing 18. Dunleavy got a double double scoring 13 points and grabbing 10 boards. The Warriors finished with 6 players in double digits.

Cheany and Claxon were both great coming off the bench. Once Troy Murphy and Foyle both get healthy, this team will be a real contender.

Box Score

7. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I am impressed with the Warriors play thus far. They play with heart every night and find ways to win. A solid game by J-Rich coming back from his suspension to post a double double on the Hawks. The MVP of the team has to be Dampier though. He's cleaning the glass every night and is picking up the slack for Murphy and Foyle. I'm not ready to call the Warriors contenders yet, but they are definately exceeding my expectations.

8. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Dampier is doing what Fortson did a few seasons back before he was injured, an absolute monster on the boards in Murphy's absence.

9. Rudeezy

Dampier has been the most impressive Warriors so far. He is finally playing like the player the Warriors expected when they gave him that big contract.

I am not suprised that the Warriors are playing so well. They played with heart last year and made a late run for the final playoff spot. These lost Arenas and Jamison but improved their overall team IMO.

You're right, Shape, it is too early to call them a contender. Especially since the West is even stronger than it was last year, which was an already strong West.

10. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Good to see NVE out there again...I'm of my favourite players as is J-rich.Warriors look in good shape

Dampier is a beast on the glass right now.