Hey Chip ... did you feel the quake?

Discussion in 'AFC West' started by Zackman, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

6.5 ... pretty good size. How bout you Galvy?

2. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

I did feel the quake. I was sitting in my cubicle and it seemed like I was sitting on a water bed for a couple of seconds. Then I heard other people talking aloud about it, and the lights on the ceiling began swaying back and forth. It was no big deal from where I was at (near San Jose). I wonder what the folks who lived further south might have felt.

3. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I was in California a several of years ago and just missed a couple of small quakes. California City had one early the same day that I arrived there. What got me was people talking about "rollers" and "shakers." I just thought earthquakes were earthquakes. Geez.

4. Send em back al

Send em back al nfl-*****s member

Naw, I didn't feel anything. I was, are you holding your hats (?) watching Fox News when it happened and didn't feel anything despite being upstairs at the time. You would have thought that LAX was crumbling the way they portrayed it on TV, but a quick switch to local channels revealed that NOTHING had happened. I liken it to watching news of a hurricane in Florida and thinking that the entire state is gone, only to find that the twelve miles of coast got really f'ed up, and the rest of the state didn't notice. BTW, thanks for asking.

5. Send em back al

Send em back al nfl-*****s member

I didn't mean to sound as flip as I came across in the post above. While there was a great deal of damage and at least two deaths from the quake, I was far enough south that I didn't feel anything. My above comments were directed at newscasters in general who cut away to tell you that they don't know anything, but something has just happened.

6. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

Everyone's OK and Chip's tuning into FOX!!! Howard Dean is leading the Democrat Primary ... Life is Good!!!