Hey Hawks Fans How do you feel NOW!!!!!

Discussion in 'Atlanta Hawks' started by bulls1, Aug 1, 2005.

1. bulls1

bulls1 JBB Banned Member

with getting joe johnson salim, the tarheel, and other players that will help youre team, do you guys think you stink or actually win and make the playoffs.... [​IMG] [​IMG] i love the salim draft good for you guys really [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

I htink they will be in the running for the 8th seed in the east, but in the future this could be a tremendous team.

3. lessthanjake

lessthanjake JBB JustBBall Member

^ damn strait. if we get curry (which we will) here's how its gonna go:

Year 1 Lineup:

PG: Joe Johnson
    SG: Josh Childress
    SF: Marvin Williams
    PF: Josh Smith
    C: Eddie Curry

result: Just Miss playoffs.

2nd year: same lineup

5th or higher seed

3rd year: division champs.

4. bulls1

bulls1 JBB Banned Member

i believe the curry fiasco is gone hese staying with bulls hes not leaving any where but i do think salim will be a star and marvelous williams will help the team im starting to like this team now really good team o yeah harrington also.. [​IMG]

5. N4S

N4S BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting lessthanjake:</div><div class="quote_post">^ damn strait. if we get curry (which we will) here's how its gonna go:

Year 1 Lineup:

PG: Joe Johnson
    SG: Josh Childress
    SF: Marvin Williams
    PF: Josh Smith
    C: Eddie Curry

result: Just Miss playoffs.

2nd year: same lineup

5th or higher seed

3rd year: division champs.</div>

What? No way.

This lineup will get masacred under the boards and in the post.

Curry is big but you will need more width, not height to put next to him. Josh Smith wasn't all that impressive last year all but his dunks. His defense and outside shooting sucked as well. Marvin is gonna take a while to adjust and possibly won't even start.

I wouldn't be suprised if the Bobcats have a better record than them.

PG - Felton
    SG - Rush
    SF - Wallace
    PF - Okafor
    C - Brezec

With May and Bogans coming off the bench.

6. bulls1

bulls1 JBB Banned Member

AND FOR THE LAST TIME YOURE NOT GETTING EDDY CURRY WITH TWO DD'S GOSH MANEand come on the team is not that bad their gonna add johnson from phoenix you cant tell me that their gonna be worse than the bobcats the bocats whole team are players that are'nt getting playing time on real teams and going their to get time, kareem rush breving knight who can play and pass but comeone he aint no starter you cant compare the bobcats,.............the BOBCATS to atlanta no no no thats not right i dont care what you say let them get crushed on the boards they still have talent forget stupid rebounds [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. lessthanjake

^ thanks for the solid bulls1 [​IMG]

anyway on to bashing N4S. if you think Josh smith's D sucks, you need to have your head checked. the kid blocks EVERYTHING. he had 10 blocks in a game this year. plus, how will they get beat in the post? eddie curry (sorry bull1, but he's as good as ours, but we'll brobaly do a sign and trade and send you al harrington) is a monster scoring in the post.

8. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting N4S:</div><div class="quote_post">What? No way.

This lineup will get masacred under the boards and in the post.

Curry is big but you will need more width, not height to put next to him. Josh Smith wasn't all that impressive last year all but his dunks. His defense and outside shooting sucked as well. Marvin is gonna take a while to adjust and possibly won't even start.

I wouldn't be suprised if the Bobcats have a better record than them.

PG - Felton
    SG - Rush
    SF - Wallace
    PF - Okafor
    C - Brezec

With May and Bogans coming off the bench.</div>

Josh Smith's defense definitely doesn't suck. His a great help defender and his man to man defense is solid. He is a blocking machine.

9. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

The Hawks are loaded with potential, but I think they lack depth and substance. Especially once it comes to big men, they need a legit center if they want to win some games. Also Josh Smith is a good defender, he uses his athleticism to his advantage and is a very, very good shot blocker. The Hawks are also in need of a player who can point the young guys in a good direction.

They aren?t likely a playoff team anytime soon in my eyes, all the young talent will need time before they began to play like a playoff team. All their younger talent has to learn the ropes of the NBA before the Hawks become winners. But Atlanta is definitely stepping in the right direction, give them time and ATL fans might have something to cheer about?finally.

10. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Ok, your probably right aobut the Josh defense thing. I didn't watch one ATL game this year, or the past 15 years. Why would I?

But, there are still not going to be in the playoffs for the next 3-4 years. Bank on it.

11. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

Props [​IMG] Didn't think you guys could pull it off, but it looks like you did it! The Hawks have officially went from a laughing stock to a young highly dangerous team. Can't wait to see the results

12. lessthanjake

^ thanks. its good to know that there are people other than fellow hawks fans who are optimistic.

anyway...
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Ok, your probably right aobut the Josh defense thing. I didn't watch one ATL game this year, or the past 15 years. Why would I?

But, there are still not going to be in the playoffs for the next 3-4 years. Bank on it.
    </div>

what would i "bank" on that? we could make the playoffs this year, if we sign curry, which i'm confidant we will.

13. N4S

N4S BBW Member

You ain't makin no playoffs with Curry. LMFAO!!!

14. lessthanjake

^ wow... you sure aren't bright. tell me what would stop us from making the playoffs with a lineup of:

pg-JJ
    sg-J. Childress
    sf-M. Williams
    pf-J. Smith
    C- E. Curry

they could run anyone out of the building. not to mention Salim and Maybe Hunter on the bench. that's a playoff team. period.

15. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Ok, sig beg me that the Atlanta Hawks don't make the playoffs.

There is no way the Hawks will make it in over any of these teams:

Detroit
    Miami
    Cleveland
    Indiana
    Boston
    NJ
    Philly
    Bulls
    Washington
    or Orlando

16. lessthanjake

^ok lets break it down,

Hawks vs. Orlando.

orlando is soft. not to mention that they're backcourt is TINY! the hawks would be way better

Washington.

they are nothing now. without Larry they'll give up 95+ PPG not a playoff team anymore.

Bulls:

I'm not dumb. the bulls would be better than the hawks, but they'll be a 4 seed.

76ers

unless C webb gets it going, i dont think AI can carry them for another year.

if those teams dont make the playoffs, that makes the hawks the 8th seed.
    and i didn't say they were a playoff team this year. i said they could be. but in 2-3 years... theyre a top 5 seed.

17. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting lessthanjake:</div><div class="quote_post"> eddie curry (sorry bull1, but he's as good as ours, but we'll brobaly do a sign and trade and send you al harrington) is a monster scoring in the post.</div>
    LessthanJake for what it?s worth you are the only reason I visit this forum. Actually, the fact that you are so confident you will get Curry is what makes me visit this forum. I doubt you will sign Curry though you have the cap room to do it I believe the Hawks are so excited about getting JJ right now the Curry to Atlanta rumors have seriously cooled. If Curry is a Hawk next season I will honestly be surprised to say the very least. Here is my view on the issue.

Eddy Curry is a Chicago kid born and raised his dream since growing up has been to be a Bull. He struggled his first three seasons to become a player that he was projected to be when taken in the lottery by the Bulls. He was there through the hard times, and now those times are good why would he leave to start it all over in Atlanta? True they can offer him a contract without incentives, but can they offer him a better chance to win? As the big man market has played out with Dalembert signing a 60 million-dollar deal, Chandler more than likely returning for 60 million. I do not see the Hawks busting out the checkbook for Curry, and offering him a max deal. If they offer him a contract anywhere from 45-60 million John Paxson will match that deal I guarantee it. Not to mention that we could ultimately end up offering him a contract with incentives, which would result him getting, paid more money in the future than the Hawks could offer. If they did that I do not think Curry would think twice about resigning, because he honestly believes his heart is not a problem. For what it is worth neither do I.

Not to mention the Bulls are still his number one choice. He even stated if they could not work out a long-term deal he would not be opposed to signing the one year 5.2 million dollar qualifying offer. To return to be a Bull and then enter the market as an unrestricted free agent next season. Much like the case of Stromile Swift he had a lot of suitors who wanted, but no one with the cap to sign him to a offer the Griz would no match. So in the end of the story Eddy Curry will be a Chicago Bull at least for this upcoming season I am 99.5% certain.

Also why would the Bulls want Al Harrington? He would not start at small forward hell he probably would not even be the backup. If they let Curry go they have no center as well. As Chandler proved in the playoffs that he could not play center to the degree the Bulls require him to. Unlike Curry he does not draw double-teams so more than likely we could not start him at center. Leaving the only available staring spot center, and at 6?9? I don?t see him becoming a starting center any time soon.

18. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

I'll take N4S's side on this one. Until the Hawks get a serious person that can hit the boards, I don't see them coming close to making it to the second round of the playoffs. Right now they look like a team that is going to make a run for the last two spots of the playoffs and until they get that person that can really hit the boards they might be stuck there for two or three years. Tyson Chandler would be a much better fit then Eddy Curry because one he can rebound the basketball better and two you don't have to worry about his heart problem.

The Hawks are one move away from contending in the East for the fourth and fifth spot but that move would have to include Al Harrington for a person, like I've been saying, who can really clean the glass. Right now, the Hawks will be a fun team to watch, but not a serious contender by all means.

19. lessthanjake

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">LessthanJake for what it?s worth you are the only reason I visit this forum. Actually, the fact that you are so confident you will get Curry is what makes me visit this forum. I doubt you will sign Curry though you have the cap room to do it I believe the Hawks are so excited about getting JJ right now the Curry to Atlanta rumors have seriously cooled. If Curry is a Hawk next season I will honestly be surprised to say the very least. Here is my view on the issue.</div>

YAY! i have fans! [​IMG] and yeah i guess youre right about curry. steven hunter HERE WE COME!

anyway CK. what you said, that's taking my side. N4S said we wouldn't have a chance to make the playoffs at all. i said we would contend for the bottom 2 spots this year, like you said, and in a few years contend for the 4-5 spots. and BTW josh smith can clean the glass. he averaged 6 a game in 27 mpg mostly at the SG spot. plus hes bulked up. i expect him to get at least 8 a game this year.

20. bulls1

bulls1 JBB Banned Member

aright bunny stop with the smartiness [​IMG] [​IMG]