HOFer?

Discussion in 'Warriors Lounge' started by CohanHater, Jun 21, 2005.

1. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    I never thought of Robert Horry as a HOFer... But man, he's starting to make his case stronger and stronger by the minute. Potentially 6 rings, and he's played a major role in all of them (not a starring role). If it were just the few shots I'd say no... but he seems to turn around series after series with the intangibles as well.

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Yeah, maybe he won't be a true hall of fame player, but maybe hall of fame record holder for most clutch shots that led to a championship ring.

Imagine if he made that one shot that rimmed in and out for the Lakers going against San Antonio back in 2003.

3. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

Heh, if Horry can make HOF, I think Kerr also has a chance [​IMG].

But, wow. He completely took over the game 5. Not only game ending 3s, but previous dunks + ft, key rebounds and bunch of plays, especially when Duncan was struggling. And It seems like when it counts the most, he seems to be there to drain 3's, especially unlike Miller, he isn't a great 3 pts shooter by any mean.

You gotta love Wallace. He almost cost the game with time out call at the end of regulation, then he decides to leave Horry to trap Manu for some reason.

Of course, that game made people to question Duncan and his achievement, saying Duncan is a good player, but not a legend, or he is not the greatest pf or something. Then I realized that people have short attention span...

4. AA13

AA13 JBB JustBBall Member

I definatly consider Robert Horry as a Hall of Famer. He's soon to have his 6th Championship. He'll be the only player to win a championship with three different teams. Horry is a great clutch shooter and role player. He deserves to be inducted to the Hall Of Fame.

5. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AA13:</div><div class="quote_post">I definatly consider Robert Horry as a Hall of Famer. He's soon to have his 6th Championship. He'll be the only player to win a championship with three different teams. Horry is a great clutch shooter and role player. He deserves to be inducted to the Hall Of Fame.</div>
    Ehh... I see what you are saying, but he probably will not make HOF. He was not that big, but he was a great guy and role player [​IMG]