Holmes ties Emmitt's TD record

Discussion in 'AFC West' started by kcgsc, Dec 20, 2003.

1. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

I sure wish it could have been on a more memorable outing. Right now, I would take "Prime Time" for a defensive coordinator.

I can almost feel the fantasy title slipping away. At least Priest came back and put up a few points for me.

Congrats to the Viking fans. Not that we would have won anyway, but we were brutalized by the refs today. First when the guy smacked the ball back into the field of play that resulted in a turnover; second when Gonzo lost the 1st down catch down at the goalline late.

I am disgusted right now!

2. 4THNLONGFELLOW

4THNLONGFELLOW Chicago Bears *********

Well what have we here, was that a NFC team that beat up on your boy's today? I just hope that we can continue the NFC romp this coming weekend[lol]. I was actually hoping that you guy's would come back so we would maybe have a chance to win the next game by perhaps being overlooked but I now fear that we will be blown out or have a dog fight on our hands. Only time will tell. Good luck dear friend and may the rest of your year go well[only after this weekend though]!

3. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

i hope priest breaks it, a overrated RB doesnt deserve that record.

sorry for the loss, KC, it sucks but ur still 12-3

4. kcgsc

Yeah Dawk, but 12-3 still doesn't feel too good when you've dropped 3 of your last 5 and every other team seems to have the blueprint for torching your defense. I hope they can solve enough of their coverage woes to muddle through the playoffs. Our D Linemen are getting completely blocked out of the running plays and our LBs seem to never be in position to give them any help.

5. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I wouldn't mind seeing Priest Holmes break Emmitt Smith's TD record, but I think his odds would increase significantly if he got to play "against" the Chiefs defense. Don't feel too bad. The DWO knows what it's like to have a late season loss to the Vikings hurt playoff hopes. I can still hear Chris Carter yelling, "He can't make it from there!!!"

6. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>DAWK_VADER wrote:

i hope priest breaks it, a overrated RB doesnt deserve that record.

</div>

Overrated?? (You knew I had to take offense!!) I guess it depends on how you rate him (I don't rank him #1 of all time BTW), but anyone who can run for 237 against your vaunted Eagle D deserves some nice records. And don't give me this Dallas O-line stuff.....KC's is world class too.

That said, it would be nice for Holmes to break it ... I expect he will.

7. kcgsc

I hope he can score 2 on the Bears and take Faulks Total TD record too.

8. 4THNLONGFELLOW

4THNLONGFELLOW Chicago Bears *********

Don't push your luck buddy[lol]! [​IMG]