Hoosiers Snap Four-Game Win Streak In a 9-7 Loss to Penn State

Discussion in 'Other Baseball' started by rocksballer58, Apr 17, 2009.

1. rocksballer58

rocksballer58 New Member

Well, now that I will start writing for the Hoosiers, why don't we go with baseball? This is my second ever Hoosiers' article and I look to go to my 102nd soon. Here is my first Hoosiers' baseball article. Enjoy!

The Hoosiers were trailing Penn State by six runs, 7-1 deficit! Luckily, they tied the game but Penn State made a pair of runs in the eighth inning to win the first game of the three-game series. Let's hope the Hoosiers win the next two to beat them in the series.

But for right now, Penn State knocked off Indiana, 9-7. It was such a oh-so-close game. The loss snapped their four-game win streak and make overall record fall to 16-18, 6-3 in Big Ten.

Alex Dickerson had one hell of a game, making a solo home run and having his 11th long ball of the year. That ties freshman, Mike Sabo, who had 11 homers in 1985. Now Dickerson ties the 24-year-old record.

But Mike Deese did better. He was three-of-five and had a pair of home runs. He also had five RBI. T.J. Macy only allowed seven hits over seven innings and it boosted him up to 3-2. Hoosiers', Matt Carr, didn't do so well, though, by finishing 1-4.

Penn State made some pretty good runs in the eighth inning. To start out the inning, Deese scored a single on Carr. But then Penn State's, Cory Wine, came in and got out to make the first of the inning.

Jordan Steranka then came in to deliver the most biggest hit in the game. He made a double to deep left center which made a spot for two to score in the game. Everything went right for the Nittany Lions.

But Indiana now had their turn on the Lions. They didn't. They were literally threatened by pitcher, Ryan Ignas, in the eighth and ninth inning. Three outs came out fast and it ended the inning. Off to the ninth! He did it again.

The game was over anyways, now. The Hoosiers will return to bring revenge on Saturday at one o'clock. It will be at Sembower Field. Eric Arnett looks to lead the Hoosiers in the pitching. Let's see how he does. As of right now, the Hoosiers can beat the Nittany Lions, to me.

Just keep on slugging, and keep on winning!

GO HOOSIERS!