Hornets 97, Knicks 101

Discussion in 'New Orleans Pelicans' started by starman85, Apr 12, 2004.

1. starman85

starman85 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Moochie Norris' 3-pointer with 3:13 remaining put the Knicks ahead for good and was part of a game-ending run in a 101-97 triumph over the New Orleans Hornets. </div>

Jamaal Magloire had another 20-10 game in Baron Davis' return to action, but it wasn't enough. Baron showed some rust to his game, but still thoroughly outplayed Stephon Marbury, but it wasn't enough.

http://www.nba.com/games/20040412/NYKNOH/recap.html

2. Fartman

Fartman JBB JustBBall Member

Whoever we play, we've just got to get right and get healthy. We can beat anybody. It'll definitely be fun. The harder, the better."

i like Baron's Attitude before the playoffs that's a really important factor beafore the most interesting games of the season. THE HARDER, THE BETTER, yeah rue but it's gonna be really hard this year, if we win in washington and NYK looses in cleveland we play the Pistons, if it goes the other way we play the nets, i have to say BOTH are really hard for a team with two crippled leaders but i have to say i would rather see us playing with detroit because i have bad memories after those all playoffs games with the nets. Yo i'm always lost with the pairs from the seocond round so if we beat pistons and nyk beats the nets will we play New York ? because i would really lvoe to see baron the stephon fight in the playoffs that would be great [​IMG] but probably that will look different :/

3. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

The reason It may look like Davis outplayed Marbury is because SM played only 12 minutes, they were resting him for the playoffs.

4. starman85

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Fartman:</div><div class="quote_post"> Yo i'm always lost with the pairs from the seocond round so if we beat pistons and nyk beats the nets will we play New York ? because i would really lvoe to see baron the stephon fight in the playoffs that would be great [​IMG] but probably that will look different :/</div>

Right now it looks like we'll be 6th, so yes, if both New Orleans and New York win their first round series, we'll face the Knicks in the 2nd round. But it seems unlikely right now that we'll beat Detroit unless we're fully healthy and playing like it.

Allnet - You're right, I missed that.

5. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

So New Orleans finished 40-42. I was shocked that they were even a .500 team at 1 point. I know they had injuries, but even when they have had their best lineup they've been losing. I would be even in more shocked if they beat Detroit, even if everybody got healthy.

6. starman85

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 30 standing ver:</div><div class="quote_post">So New Orleans finished 40-42. </div>

No, that would be 41-41 there, so they finished the season at .500 for the umpteenth consecutive time. I think the last time they had a losing record was either '92 or '94.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> I know they had injuries, but even when they have had their best lineup they've been losing. I would be even in more shocked if they beat Detroit, even if everybody got healthy.</div>

They only had that lineup together for about 5 games, most of which they won. And they're facing Miami, not Detroit, so they could easily win this series if Mash comes back.