Horrible Realisation

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by oldmangrouch, Aug 20, 2020.

1. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

The pseudo success of the Blazers in the bubble and the first game of the play-offs was the worst thing that could have happened to this franchise.

Like everyone else, I was so caught up in the excitement I took my eyes off the prize. The positives we thought we saw were an illusion. For this team to actually be relevant they need to replace Olshey, Stotts, and at least 4/5 of the roster. This team needs a complete, ruthless rebuild. Scorched earth from front office to the locker room. Nothing else will give the team a chance to be an actual contender.

Instead, an organization redolent with lazy cowards will continue to decay while pointing to events in the bubble as an excuse to do nothing. At some point tonight, I realised I had passed the frustration point and am now wallowing in utter disgust.

Interacting with you guys has been interesting, even fun. I wish you all health and happiness.

EL PRESIDENTE likes this.
  2. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

Hate to tell you this, but had they gone 0-8 in the bubble, the start of the 2020-21 season would likely look the same as it will after making the playoffs. Jodi isn't getting rid of Olshey. Olshey knows better than to piss off Dame and get rid of Stotts. Olshey did turn over a good chunk of the roster this year, like people wanted, and we got worse.

Ugly loss tonight, there will be more to come. 2nd longest playoff streak in the NBA. If you want to pull for a champion, you'd be much better off following a big market team. Hopefully you stay pulling for Rip City though!

3. royo

royo Well-Known Member

We got Damian, we got Ninja, we got Nurk, we got veteran elitte shooter, we got best back up center in the league. I don't like Stotts at all, but melting down at 1-1 in playoffs is not normal. At least wait for g3.

4. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

This is a conversation for after we are eliminated from the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, feel free to discuss whatever you want but that's my opinion. We pull for our team to do their best and then hope they will make the best moves for the team's future going forward. Edit: Also, you are accusing many of us of being captives of the moment a moment that lasted 10 games while you are the captive of a moment that has lasted one.

5. AldoTrapani

AldoTrapani Well-Known Member

THANK YOU!

I tried to tell these guys

6. AldoTrapani

It’s over. Since the 1st quarter of game 1 these guys have outscored us easily. It hasn’t even been close.

This why I told ya let’s try next year and not get demolished by the lakers

7. blazerkor

What you told me is that we would get swept... we're 1-1, which one of us is closer to being accurate? Remember I don't know how well we'll do in this series or series going forward, what we have discussed is whether playoff experience is important or not and whether building a winning culture by making the playoffs is important or not. I still think it's important for our team to play their best and get as far as they can and I still believe we have a chance and at 1-1 a pretty good chance.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  8. AldoTrapani

Dude we got lucky game 1. We won’t win another game. Mark my word

9. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Usually it takes at least 3 losses in a row for anyone to completely melt down....I'm still cheering...I don't believe blowing it up solves anything or changes anything...you just become the Kings..y'all are welcome to not like the Blazers....I like them

10. blazerkor

One more chance for you to err on the side of negativity man.

11. BlazerBeav

BlazerBeav Well-Known Member

Sweet Jesus. I appreciate that some people’s overreactions help me feel better about my own response to rough Blazer games.

12. AldoTrapani

Naw don’t be a homer. We can’t hang with this team. They’ve kicked our ass since the 1st quarter of game 1. You need a Lebron James to win championships

13. blazerkor

We don't need a LeBron James to win championships, we have a Damian Lillard and a Jusuf Nurkic. After the playoffs are over, I'll talk about what I think Dame and Nurk need around them to be favorites to win championships.

SlyPokerDog and Orion Bailey like this.
  14. AldoTrapani

Oh stop

15. Sedatedfork

Sedatedfork Rip City Rhapsody

A game 2 loss was predictable. A blowout was also not unsurprising. Blazers looked like shit but I think they bring their A game after being embarrassed in game 2. Just enjoy the ride

16. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Heeerrrrrreeee we go.....

BoomChakaLaka likes this.
  17. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    It’s 1-1. And we’ve got home court advantage.

18. Sedatedfork

Sedatedfork Rip City Rhapsody

. We out scored the Lakers in the last two quarters of game 1 and inconsequentially in garbage time in the 4th. So data does not support you. We sucked in game 2. But letdowns happen. Let’s see what happens in game 3

stampedehero likes this.
  19. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    It's too late for a complete sacking. The series is tied as expected and that is the way we have to approach this series now. Also wishing you health and happiness bro.

20. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    Here's the thing. It's irrational to stay attached to a team where you are convinced it will just make you unhappy and you have no control. So your (oldmangrouch, AldoTrapani, et. al.) best bet is just to force yourself to reject the Blazers. Remove all things that remind you of the Blazers from your life. For God's sake get off these message boards. Do what you would do if the love of your life rejected you - cut them out of your life. It's for your own good. Don't try to save the rest of us - we're lost causes.