How come nothing happens?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by DDC, Sep 2, 2003.

1. DDC

DDC JBB JustBBall Member

It's almost the start of training camp and we still have a number of roster spots unfilled, free agents to sign, etc. Still no news about Jimmy Jackson (apart from a rumored Pacers-signing), Trent and Lopez (who I think we should resign) are still not resigned. Kendall Gill has been already taken I hope this does not happen to these two guys. And we only have 4 guys able to play the C or PF posts, which is definitely not enough. (Kandi and Notmagic for C, KG and Maddog for PF.) If any of those gets injured we're screwed... The only trade rumor which I think is more of a joke is that the Heat is interested in Notmagic as their center (and that the Wolves are still interested in Eddie Jones - though I would wonder why. To the bench, for 10 Million?). If such a deal would take place, then we'd only have 3 big guys. So I guess it won't happen. Besides, now that we got Spree I don't think we need another Spree-type slasher SG, especially not for the price of EJ.
    So what the Wolves need to do very soon:

1. Sign Jimmy Jackson, as backup SG/SF
    2. Sign preferebly both free agent, but at least Trent
    3. Sign another big man, as reserve.

If any of you has inside information from the Timberwolves HQ, please share. Opinions are also welcome.

2. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

I would also love to resign Lopez, but I don't know if they are up for gambling on him this year. I think we will be able to resign Trent by the end of the off-season, but he will go where he is offered the most money. The chances of us signing Jim Jackson decrease as every day passes by. He would be an excellent addition to our team.