How do you love chinese food ??

Discussion in 'Nets OT Forum' started by yinets1860, Jul 4, 2008.

1. yinets1860

yinets1860 i love this game !

I know some people love chinese food,why do you love chinese food,tell me . [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Member

Somebodys looking for an ego boost...... [​IMG]

3. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

Moved to OT.

Chinese food is the best.

4. Hang Eleven

Hang Eleven BBW Elite Member

Gai paa mi sin. The best (at one particular restaurant, anyway).

5. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

I just find it really tasty. The only thing I don't like is Tofu dishes and Seafood dishes. Wonton soup is ok for me, but I don`t like sweet and sour soup much.

I like General Tsao's chicken, Beef and Brocoli with black bean sauce, Lemon Chicken, Sweet and sour pork, dumplings are good, Kung Pao Chicken, sesame chicken, Hunan Beef, Teriyaki Chicken.

But Egg Fu Yung (I don't know how to spell)
    with Chicken, or Vegetables, or pork, or anything I enjoy.

Chicken Fried rice, Beef fried rice, Pork fried rice are all good.

Chow mein stir fry with vegetables and meat.

My mom makes sticky rice sometimes, but one time I had sticky rice steamed in I think it was bamboo leaves and it had small chunks of pork in it.

As well I don`t know if these are totally americanized, but they are called Chinese buns and have sweet and sour pork filling, or chicken filling,I like these: (except the ones I had didn`t have hot dogs in them)

[​IMG]

Totally different, but I had some Korean dishes that were good. One was called Duk Gal Bee, I forget the other one's name.

6. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

Hey pigs-in-blankets are as American as you can get! [​IMG]

Gen Tao's chicken is awesome, as is moo shu pork, shrimp lo mein, and peking duck.

7. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMJigga @ Jul 5 2008, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>peking duck.</div>

I had Peking Duck in Peking.

Beat that.

8. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate @ Jul 5 2008, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMJigga @ Jul 5 2008, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>peking duck.</div>

Beat that.
    </div>

I ate Peking Dunk while sitting on a bed of Samurai that I had just slain.

Beat that.

9. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMJigga @ Jul 5 2008, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate @ Jul 5 2008, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMJigga @ Jul 5 2008, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>peking duck.</div>

Beat that.
    </div>

I ate Peking Dunk while sitting on a bed of Samurai that I had just slain.

Beat that.
    </div>

Samurai are Japanese. Peking Duck is Chinese.

STOP GENERALIZING THE ASIANS.

10. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

Well maybe he he was a chinese warrior who defeated a samurai and made himself Peking duck.

11. ZHAKIDD532

ZHAKIDD532 New Member

I love Chinese and Japanese food.

Lo Mein and General Tso's Chicken

Sushi and Tempura

Really Good!

12. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lavalamp @ Jul 5 2008, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well maybe he he was a chinese warrior who defeated a samurai and made himself Peking duck.</div>

Thank you! It's nice to know that someone understands that my dominance extends across all nations.

13. Joey FistPump

Joey FistPump Making you look dumb EST. 1985

Slacker Extraordinaire.
    General Tso's Chicken is incredible...screw it I'm getting some tonight.

14. soul driver

soul driver Member

I actually made my own General Tso's chicken tonight...boiled some chicken and put some Iron Chef General Tso's sauce on it...mm...

I just tried Tofu (I believe it was Senzu Bean Curd) for the first time last week and I must say, I really liked it. I'm trying to lay off beef (already gave up pork, don't eat seafood... ) so this may be a replacement for steak, as it has a great source of protein.

15. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    Love chinese food ( My favorite meal is general chicken with fried rice and cheese wantons) But I like Japanese food more. [​IMG]

16. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I have no idea how authentic it is, but what I like about the Chinese Food here is the sauces....its mostly meat prepared in a fantastic sauce....General Tso's is great, I love Spicy Chicken, Bourbon Chicken, Sesame Chicken, Orange Chicken, Sweet and Sour Chicken, Pepper steak, Black Pepper Chicken, Kung Pao Chicken....I love the local chinese buffet....and egg rolls are damn good too....I dont care for rice, but I love the main dishes....I am curious though, since we are starting to get a Chinese presence on these boards, how authentic are these dishes? Are they something that a chinese family would eat for a normal dinner the way we eat hamburgers and hot dogs? Is there a chinese equivelent to hamburger helper?

17. Hang Eleven

From what I've had of Chinese food in America, it's not really authentic. Even if you want to make it authentic, you can't find the same ingredients anyway, so at bests it's in-between American and Chinese food (as Yao once said, it's Indian).

18. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hang Eleven @ Jul 6 2008, 04:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>From what I've had of Chinese food in America, it's not really authentic. Even if you want to make it authentic, you can't find the same ingredients anyway, so at bests it's in-between American and Chinese food (as Yao once said, it's Indian).</div>

In that case, I have no idea if I like Chinese food, but I like the american attempt a lot....

19. soul driver

soul driver Member

I know someone who went to China and told me about the food over there. Said it was MUCH better than American style, and it's also healthier. In America everyone has a tendency to fry everything

20. Hang Eleven

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>In America everyone has a tendency to fry everything</div>

Actually, they do a lot of deep-frying here. But since there's more vegatables and rice used overall, and less meat, it's healthier that way.