How long will the Kings be at the top of their division?

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by $actown Dyme, Jan 13, 2004.

1. $actown Dyme

$actown Dyme JBB JustBBall Member

how long will the Kings be at the top of their division

This is gonna be a tough time for the Lakers...having Shaq, Kobe, and Karl Malone on the injured list. W's won't come easy for the Lakers so the Kings should use this time to run away with the division

2. starman85

starman85 JBB JustBBall Member

How long? How 'bout all season long!

I've always thought that the Kings could beat the Lakers in the playoffs this year, but figured the Lake Show would have the better record. Guess I was wrong on one count.

3. Crossover

Crossover JBB JustBBall Member

I can definitely agree to that. With the Lakers three down and Sac-Town about to cheer for the return of C Webb, there's no doubt who the top of the Pacific will be.

4. Emo

Emo Active Member

Run away with the division? We're just in the month of January. Shaq will return to the Lakers I've heard by Friday just in time for the Sacramento game, and Kobe and Karl should return in a 3 week span, so to say Sacramento is going to just run with the division is just ridiculous.

5. $actown Dyme

$actown Dyme JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post"> and Kobe and Karl should return in a 3 week span </div>

A lot of ball is played within three weeks

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post"> to say Sacramento is going to just run with the division is just ridiculous.</div>

From a Laker fan's perspective maybe [​IMG]

6. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Before the Lakers get their game back.

7. jump

jump JBB JustBBall Member

They will stay there all season and then win the championship.

8. Emo

Emo Active Member

Anyway, I really shouldn't be too worried about the Pacific Division. Heh, it's not like the Lakers haven't been in second place looking up in the standings before to that team. To me, that's all Sacramento can ever celebrate in that arena. We win championships, they win division crowns.

9. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">Anyway, I really shouldn't be too worried about the Pacific Division. Heh, it's not like the Lakers haven't been in second place looking up in the standings before to that team. To me, that's all Sacramento can ever celebrate in that arena. We win championships, they win division crowns.</div>

That's pretty harsh, they're a very great team. They have the strength of both sides, particularly offense. Especially when Webber comes back, more boards and defense will only take them further. They're all hard workers with big hearts, they're one of the championship contenders in my eyes.

10. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting :</div><div class="quote_post">so to say Sacramento is going to just run with the division is just ridiculous.</div>
    Why? They are 27-9 right now and are playing great basketball. Arco is the most electric arena in the league and the Kings are 20-2 there. Now, the Lakers are 2 and a half games behind, which is pretty close. I won't write out LA, but the Kings should be able to take the division.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting :</div><div class="quote_post">Kobe and Karl should return in a 3 week span </div>
    Ok.. Like sactown said, a lot of basketball can be played in 3 weeks.

If you want to bring up injuries, let's talk about Chris Webber. He's their franchise player and the Kings still find ways to win ballgames without him.

Now yes, the Kings are a much deeper team than the Lakers, but they still get it done. The Kings have played through injuries every single year and have had success.

11. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sactown_dyme:</div><div class="quote_post">This is gonna be a tough time for the Lakers...having Shaq, Kobe, and Karl Malone on the injured list. W's won't come easy for the Lakers so the Kings should use this time to run away with the division</div>

Run away with the division, you can take it, have it, but don't expect it to be easy in the playoffs. Doesn't matter to me if Kings win the division, Lakers are at a huge disadvantage right now, and there's nothing we can do about it.

12. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ice Breaker:</div><div class="quote_post">Ok.. Like sactown said, a lot of basketball can be played in 3 weeks.

If you want to bring up injuries, let's talk about Chris Webber. He's their franchise player and the Kings still find ways to win ballgames without him.

Now yes, the Kings are a much deeper team than the Lakers, but they still get it done. The Kings have played through injuries every single year and have had success.</div>

Wow, that is very unfair to compare the Kings/Lakers injuries, as good as Peja is now, who knows if he's really their 'franchise player.' Were hurting more than any team in the league, I expect Sac-Town to pull away a little bit. They get it done because they play team ball and a much more overall experianced and deeper team, so the Webber injury doesn't hurt them a whole lot.

13. starman85

starman85 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple N Gold:</div><div class="quote_post">...so the Webber injury doesn't hurt them a whole lot.</div>

Right, because they are such a balanced team. But getting Webber back will help them a whole lot, even if that's not fair for other teams. With Webber in the fold, I don't see any team that will beat the Kings. I see teams that could beat them, but not teams that will.

However, I've always said, coming into this season and now, that for all my predictions of Kings victories to come true, they've got to have all their key guys healthy in the playoffs, and for the past two years that hasn't happened. Last year it was CWebb, the year before it was Peja. LA has never been missing their stars in the playoffs, but they found a way to lose last year anyway.

The key guys - Webber, Peja, Bobby Jackson, Brad Miller, Mike Bibby, Vlade Divac, Doug Christie - must all be healthy. An injury to Lawrence Funderburke won't put a title in serious jeopardy, but to those main guys it will be hard to win without. But with them, not even the vaunted 'fab four' or whatever they're called can stop the Kings. I'm not even a Kings fan, I'm just stating what I think are facts.

14. Crossover

Good post, starman. Love he part where they still found a way to lose.

15. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Laker_Fever always finds a way to get [​IMG] when his biased opinions get in the way (which is a lot)

Do you honestly believe that when Shaq comes back that he will play every game the rest of the season and the playoffs? No doubt he has at least 2 more stretches of missed games, have it be a week to a few weeks.

Your team wins championships eh? Well as of now that crown resides in San Antonio, so the Lakers have to prove themselves just like everyone else.

16. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">Laker_Fever always finds a way to get [​IMG] when his biased opinions get in the way (which is a lot)

Do you honestly believe that when Shaq comes back that he will play every game the rest of the season and the playoffs? No doubt he has at least 2 more stretches of missed games, have it be a week to a few weeks.

Your team wins championships eh? Well as of now that crown resides in San Antonio, so the Lakers have to prove themselves just like everyone else.</div>

Me getting owned? LOL. My biased opinions? So I guess my previews are pretty biased too right? Of course if Shaq comes back, he'll be able to play every game the rest of the season and the playoffs. He should anyway. It depends on whether he's healthy enough. The reason why he gets injured all the time is all the blows he takes against opponents. People hit him constantly all the time. Heck, if I took cheap shots like that every night, I'd be sore as hell.

Yes my team, the Lakers win championships. That crown may reside in San Antonio, but the Lakers aren't scared of them. How many times did we beat them this season? 3 times including 2 at SBC Center? That's what I thought it was.

17. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Magic Johnson:</div><div class="quote_post">That's pretty harsh, they're a very great team. They have the strength of both sides, particularly offense. Especially when Webber comes back, more boards and defense will only take them further. They're all hard workers with big hearts, they're one of the championship contenders in my eyes.</div>

Yeah yeah, they're a great team.....but what happens in the playoffs when it really counts? The Kings are just a great regular season team period.

18. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ice Breaker:</div><div class="quote_post">Why? They are 27-9 right now and are playing great basketball. Arco is the most electric arena in the league and the Kings are 20-2 there. Now, the Lakers are 2 and a half games behind, which is pretty close. I won't write out LA, but the Kings should be able to take the division.

Ok.. Like sactown said, a lot of basketball can be played in 3 weeks.

Now yes, the Kings are a much deeper team than the Lakers, but they still get it done. The Kings have played through injuries every single year and have had success.</div>

Arco may be the most electric place in the league, but the Lakers aren't rattled by it. They go into that arena, and play Laker basketball, and when it's over, who always comes out on top? Playoff games, not regular season games. If the Kings have found ways to win ballgames in the regular season without Webber, then why not in the playoffs? Because the Kings are still that high-powered offense without him in the lineup. Kings are a much deeper team than the Lakers? Well if that's the case, we'd see the evidence right? I still haven't seen 1 championship banner in Sacramento yet.

19. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">That crown may reside in San Antonio, but the Lakers aren't scared of them. How many times did we beat them this season? 3 times including 2 at SBC Center? That's what I thought it was.</div>

Atlanta beat the Spurs,thats right beating the defending champs means they are going to win 30 straight and sweep their way to the NBA title.As all 6 Atlanta fans celebrate in the streets

It really is funny though,each year while Lakers were defending champions,whenever they got beat their fans would run away saying

"We don't care about the regular season" "Playoff time is when we come to play" "You can have this win,we are saving energy for the post season"

Now suddenly because the Lakers are no longer champions we hear the speech of

"Well we beat the defending champions 3 times this season" "We aren't scared of them,we have proved we can beat them"

Blah blah blah

Classic

Oh and for the record

Shaq is the guy who gets cheap shots in on other players around the league, so making the excuse he is the one who takes all the hits which is why he gets injuried is funny.Shaq gets injuried because he is getting old,can't last 82 games a season anymore.

20. Crossover

lmao. All six? I thought there were seven of them.

Anyway, the first game against the Spurs, the Lakers should not have won. Ginobili took over the game, and two bad instances of refereeing screwed them (goaltending call, noncall of Kobe's travelling).

And I love the way you chose to triple post.