How we gonna do?

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by hoodie7, May 22, 2006.

1. hoodie7

hoodie7 nfl-*****s member

We got:

@KC
    CLE
    @PIT
    NE
    @TB
    CAR
    ATL
    @BAL
    SD
    @NO
    @CLE
    BAL
    OAK
    @IND
    @DEN
    @PIT

Hell of a three games to finish your season on... the way i look at it we got 8 games that we should win and then the other 8 are toss ups... i predict 11-5 what do you guys think?

2. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

I'd say 10-6. That's one brutal looking schedule.

3. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

@KC L
    CLE W
    @PIT L
    NE L
    @TB L
    CAR L
    ATL W
    @BAL W
    SD W
    @NO W
    @CLE W
    BAL W
    OAK W
    @IND L
    @DEN L
    @PIT L

I see you as an 8-8 team. Only reason being that i think you start slow til palmer is fuly recovered. Last 3 games could swing you way based on playoff scenarios of pitt not needing win same for denver and indy

4. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

@KC L
    CLE W
    @PITL
    NE L
    @TB W
    CAR L
    ATL W
    @BAL L
    SD W
    @NO W
    @CLE L
    BAL W
    OAK W
    @IND L
    @DEN L
    @PIT W

A lot comes down to Palmer's health. I have them 8-8 though.. I think you see a slow start with Anthony Wright starting.

5. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

The one thing i know is that panthers bengals game is going to be good.

I say 9-7 if palmer is ready around week one or two

6. Phinsuck

Phinsuck nfl-*****s member

That is a tough schedule, holy shit! Palmer better get 100% quick, fast, and in one hell of a hurry. Here is our schedule so I'm not quite sure what to make of it:

Bills
    @ Jets
    Broncos
    @ Bengals
    Dolphins
    @ Bills
    @ Vikings
    Colts
    Jets
    @ Packers
    Bears
    Lions
    @ Dolphins
    Texans
    @ Jaguars
    @ Titans

7. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats_Fan420)</div><div class='quotemain'>That is a tough schedule, holy shit! Palmer better get 100% quick, fast, and in one hell of a hurry. Here is our schedule so I'm not quite sure what to make of it:

Bills W
    @ Jets W
    Broncos L - but clearly you are better team
    @ Bengals W
    Dolphins L - But clearly you are better team
    @ Bills W
    @ Vikings W
    Colts L - but clearly you are better team
    Jets W
    @ Packers W
    Bears L - but clearly you are better team
    Lions W
    @ Dolphins W
    Texans W
    @ Jaguars W
    @ Titans W</div>
    I say 12- 4, but in all 4 losses you will be convinced you were clearly the better team.

8. hoodie7

hoodie7 nfl-*****s member

i dont understand that reply bearsfan because when we beat u it was u that was convinced the bears were the better team

9. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hoodie7)</div><div class='quotemain'>i dont understand that reply bearsfan because when we beat u it was u that was convinced the bears were the better team</div>
    And we were [​IMG] LOL. You didnt beat us twice. Never would jump someone for saying they were better after losing a close one on the road. Losing 2 games, by significant margins, and saying you are better, that is unexcusable.

10. Phinsuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hoodie7)</div><div class='quotemain'>i dont understand that reply bearsfan because when we beat u it was u that was convinced the bears were the better team</div>
    :Owned: at its finest. Hypocracy is a bitch, aint it? The Pats aren't gods by any means but they are a better team than Denver is. The D held up VERY well, it was the O and special teams that gave Denver AWESOME scoring opportunities. We'll have to start a thread against eachother in the smack talk forum when the times comes this season. [​IMG]

11. Phinsuck

I'll go ahead and say it. Denver was the better team that night. WHY they were the better team is what we disagree on. I say they capitalized on our stupid mistakes and you say they manhandled us like red headed step-children. Fair enough?

EDIT: What happened in the AFC Championship again? Oh yeah, I remember. The Steelers DIDN'T make mistakes and they stomped the snot out of Denver.

12. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats_Fan420)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'll go ahead and say it. Denver was the better team that night. WHY they were the better team is what we disagree on. I say they capitalized on our stupid mistakes and you say they manhandled us like red headed step-children. Fair enough?

EDIT: What happened in the AFC Championship again? Oh yeah, I remember. The Steelers DIDN'T make mistakes and they stomped the snot out of Denver.</div>
    At least you are willing to give denver one night out of the season they were better(note: they beat patsies twice) They were better last season. That is the truth. They proved it on the field. It is a new season. As soon as you admit that denver was better last season(since they beat you in beginning and end of your season) then i will stop throwing that in your face.

p.s. I am not owned.

13. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats_Fan420)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'll go ahead and say it. Denver was the better team that night. WHY they were the better team is what we disagree on. I say they capitalized on our stupid mistakes and you say they manhandled us like red headed step-children. Fair enough?

EDIT: What happened in the AFC Championship again? Oh yeah, I remember. The Steelers DIDN'T make mistakes and they stomped the snot out of Denver.</div>
    Please try and follow. Good teams/better teams DON'T make stupid mistakes. If your team makes stupid mistakes, then that means they aren't a very good team. I'm not sure why that is such a hard concept to grasp, but it's frustrating to hear people talk about mistakes like they are some outside circumstance that their team can't control. The INDISPUTABLE truth is that the Patriots' stupid mistakes are a direct reflection on their ability to play football. I hope everyone understood that because I don't think I could type it any slower.

14. Phinsuck

You're right, as much as I hate to admit it. However, the mistakes the Pats made that night are very rare. If they did it every game like the 2005 Jets, Bills, Texans, etc. then I would be more comfortable with what you are saying. I guess my point is that the Pats DIDN'T play up to their potential and Denver did, which was evident in the AFC Championship. Had the Pats played like they normally did toward the end of the season (note that I said end of the season, IOW when they were much healthier than before and had most of their starters back), I really think they would have taken Denver. The moral of the story is that Denver was better THAT NIGHT, but wasn't a better overall team toward the end of the season. Early in the season, sure they were. When one team has 90% of their starters and another has like 40%, I wouldn't expect the backups to win the game. Thats why they are backups. We'll just have to see what happens for/to the Pats in '06.

15. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats_Fan420)</div><div class='quotemain'>You're right, as much as I hate to admit it. However, the mistakes the Pats made that night are very rare. If they did it every game like the 2005 Jets, Bills, Texans, etc. then I would be more comfortable with what you are saying. I guess my point is that the Pats DIDN'T play up to their potential and Denver did, which was evident in the AFC Championship. Had the Pats played like they normally did toward the end of the season (note that I said end of the season, IOW when they were much healthier than before and had most of their starters back), I really think they would have taken Denver. The moral of the story is that Denver was better THAT NIGHT, but wasn't a better overall team toward the end of the season. Early in the season, sure they were. When one team has 90% of their starters and another has like 40%, I wouldn't expect the backups to win the game. Thats why they are backups. We'll just have to see what happens for/to the Pats in '06.</div>
    Well, at least you are moving in right direction. They were better in early season is a start. But, they beat you twice, early and late. btw, better teams play up to their potential, so if pats were better team they would have played up to thier potential. Broncos were better ALL SEASON.

16. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Blaming backups doesn't work. If a player is on the Patriot roster then they are a Patriot and how they play is a direct reflection on the Patriot football team. Injuries happen to every team and it's the responsibility of the coach and front office to have EVERYONE ready to play. If your backups suck, then your team sucks because they are a part of your team.

I hate potential. Potential may be the lamest cop out ever invented. Potential is nothing. The fact is that the Broncos and Patriots played twice and the Broncos beat the Patriots both times therefore the Broncos were better than the Patriots last year. The Broncos were better at the beginning of the year and the Broncos were better at the end of the year.

I used to be okay with the Patriots, but I hate them now. Why? Because Patriot players and fans can't accept defeat gracefully. I'm tired of hearing Patriot players whine about how it's them against the world and hearing their fans make excuses when another team goes out and beats them. The Patriots had a great run. Be proud of that, but give other teams their due when they outplay you. As it is right now, I'm not sure if I would root for the Patriots over the Bills and Jets and I really hate the Bills and Jets.

17. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

yeah the Packers weren't a 4-12 team last year at all. They didn't stink. They just didn?t' play up to their potential.

(sarcasm)

Though I got to say you want to find a way to be bad and not be bad at the same time that might be the phrase to lose.

New England lost to Denver 2 times in one year. Denver was the better team last year. It's a really easy concept.

If Randy Moss burns Ahmad Carroll twice for a TD, is it because Moss isn't the better players. Did Carroll just not play up to his potential and that's why he got burnt. He's still really better because of potential. Once again just a bogus theory that is labeled as an excuse.

18. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Good teams/better teams DON'T make stupid mistakes. If your team makes stupid mistakes, then that means they aren't a very good team.</div>
    I agree with this statement almost 100%. Sometimes, however, freak/fluke things happen. Like the year the Packers went to the Superbowl and lost to the winless Colts along the way. Or in Superbowl III when the Colts, by FAR the superior team, made one mistake after another and lost to the Jets.

There's a reason that only 1 team has ever gone undefeated. It's because even the greatest teams can sometimes go out there and lay an egg.

For the purposes of this discussion, I will agree that Denver was a better team last year than the Patriots. There's no shame in that if you're a Pats fan. When you win 3 out of 4 Superbowls, you HAVE to expect a decline. It's tough to accept, but it happens.

Denver has a more talented team than New England does right now. If they had Ben Roethlisberger under center (or Manning or Hasselbeck) last year instead of Jake Plummer, then Denver would have more than likely won the Superbowl.

19. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Good teams/better teams DON'T make stupid mistakes. If your team makes stupid mistakes, then that means they aren't a very good team.</div>
    I agree with this statement almost 100%. Sometimes, however, freak/fluke things happen. Like the year the Packers went to the Superbowl and lost to the winless Colts along the way. Or in Superbowl III when the Colts, by FAR the superior team, made one mistake after another and lost to the Jets.

There's a reason that only 1 team has ever gone undefeated. It's because even the greatest teams can sometimes go out there and lay an egg.

For the purposes of this discussion, I will agree that Denver was a better team last year than the Patriots. There's no shame in that if you're a Pats fan. When you win 3 out of 4 Superbowls, you HAVE to expect a decline. It's tough to accept, but it happens.

Denver has a more talented team than New England does right now. If they had Ben Roethlisberger under center (or Manning or Hasselbeck) last year instead of Jake Plummer, then Denver would have more than likely won the Superbowl.</div>
    I totally agree, you can lose a fluke game if you are better. BUT NOT TWO FLUKE GAMES!!!

20. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

Bengals are in for a hurting next season. I predict 7-9

You talk of the Patriots like their run is over. Well I got news for you it's not!