Howard incurred stress fracture during playoffs D:

Discussion in 'PyeongChang 2018' started by pegs, Jun 28, 2008.

1. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Dwight Howard was forced to sit out practice Saturday due to a stress fracture of his sternum, an injury he sustained during the Orlando Magic's second round playoff loss to the Detroit Pistons.

"It's a six to eight week recovery time, and this is the sixth week," said Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski, who expects Howard to be fully healed by the time the team reconvenes for training camp July 21.

Still, the injury is worrisome for the Americans, who are planning to go to Beijing with just three big men -- Howard, Chris Bosh and Carlos Boozer. If Howard were to aggravate the injury, that lack of front-line depth could become a major issue.

Howard said he sustained the injury when he collided simultaneously and was sandwiched between Jason Maxiell and Arron Afflalo of the Pistons. Doctors told him it is an injury typically incurred by hockey players.

"It hurts. I haven't been able to really do anything since the playoffs, but it'll be all right," Howard said. "I should be fine by the time we start training camp. That's what the doctor said. So there's no worries for me or the staff."</div>

Shit. I hope the doctors are right, that Howard will be okay. This makes me extremely nervous, though.

Damn you, Pistons! [​IMG]

2. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

He's fine. Dwight has never been injured in his life, his first injury had to come at some point. [​IMG] Luckily, it's a minor one and he'll be fine in two weeks.

3. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

I hope Dwight`s injury heals well and doesn`t become a nagging or become worse. The sternum is that bone that is in the center of the chest right(Qmark)

It doesn`t sound very serious to me though.

Oh and nice Turkolander sig swish.