How's Lillard feeling right now?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Shooter, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Shooter

Shooter Unanimously Great

advertising
    You really have to wonder. Every starting player who took the floor with him last year is gone. Does it make him feel like the last passenger on a sinking ship, or is he happy that the team now belongs to him, even though it may be a bad team?

Or is he just deliriously happy that he is now rich beyond his wildest dreams?

2. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

Money obviously is good but he already was 100 million dollars richer from that Adidas deal. Obviously he feels something about it. If he was upset when we got rid of mo Williams than yeah I would imagine he was good friends with nic and wes. Maybe rolo. Obviously lma and him were distant. This guy has been an underdog all his life. He probably sees this as a challenge. I do believe that Damian will go down as the greatest blazer ever and really prove something with this team over the next 5 years

Tunchi and Orion Bailey like this.
  3. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

This is make or break for him this year and he knows it.

Although the 200+ million is his to keep regardless.

What a weird gig.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  4. Cippy91

Pretty sure he signed this extension knowing things would be tough. He knew that rolo and wes were gone at that time he signed and must of known the chances for Lamarcus was slim. That deserves respect. That shows loyalty and that he loves it here. Could of easily just waited for free agency next season. He signed knowing all this telling me he was ready to take on this challenge and be the face of this franchise for years to come

Red Rooster, Spud147, dviss1 and 2 others like this.
  5. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    Swag goes a long way. I'm not worried for a single minute.

We may suck this next season, but knowing Dame's drive, that won't be for long. Personally I believe we are in good shape. We might even make the playoffs.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  6. DryHeat

DryHeat Member

He's probably thinking it will be nice not to have to deal with a fragile ego and can just play team ball.

7. Cippy91

If we can fill out the roster a little more it's possible to fill out that 8th spot. Especially if these young guys perform better than expected and lillard steps up his game. People forget that Dallas and the clips are not as great as they were. Clips can't replace a guy like dj. They will miss his rebounding and easy finishes at the rim. The mavs bench is weak and there is a question mark over Matthews still. Of course I hope he returns healthy but there's a chance he might not be the same. The 8th spot definitely is possible. This isn't a total rebuild.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  8. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    $100m+ from Adidas
    $100m+ from the Blazers

[​IMG]

santeesioux and Nikolokolus like this.
  9. magnifier661

Yep... The Dallas experiment may blow up in their face. Matthews must be a solid scoring threat. If he can't be money offensively, they are in big trouble. Jordan is a great "defensive player" but his offense is predicated by having the best distributing PG in the league.

Clips are in deep shit. Nothing more to say about that. They will win games, but hardly enough to be considered playoff.

I'm actually more concerned with Phoenix and Utah than Dallas and Clips. They've built some great young bucks. They are a few good vets away from being really good.

10. magnifier661

If I'm dame, I would immediately start developing relationships with the players on the team. He needs to establish himself as a good leader and welcome any new change. That "rock" stability can go a long way and groom this team perfectly.

BlazerCaravan and Orion Bailey like this.
  11. Cippy91

That's what I'm saying. I think dj should of stayed with the clippers even though he was third option there. I could never see him becoming some giant offensive threat. That kind of player needs a great point guard to go with him to compliment his game and Chris Paul was that. I don't even know who Dallas will have at point but it won't match Chris Paul. It's also interesting to me how it seems the whole time that Dallas targeted dj and not Lamarcus as we were hearing all this time.

It's really not a bad thing that we didn't retain our starters. That team peaked. And with Matthews unhealthy as the unknown of is condition when he comes back, that would of been worse. Batum was great here but was frustrating to watch. Feel like he could of reached a star level but his passiveness destroys that possibility. Look at some teams in the west. That Dallas squad is peaked, dirk is almost gone. That Spurs squad has one good run at the title this year and then it's being handed off to kawhi and Lamarcus. Could luck with that relationship since kawhi and Lamarcus are both quiet and Lma will most certainly develop jealousy for the Spurs favorite. Some teams just for have much more to give and I think portland was in that situation despite it being my favorite blazer team in my lifetime

12. Cippy91

Another thing about dame. Super high character guy, knows how to respond in interviews, very likable, and seems very up front. Let's remember he's the one that reached out to lma despite them not being "fans" of each other as rumored. The 3 year guy out classed the 9 year guy. I don't think dame is a dude with ego, just a dude that wants to prove things. Glad he's the face of this franchise. And if That quick article was of any truth which I believe it due to the same rumors we dealt with the past 9 years than im glad lma is gone. Yeah, sucks we can't have his on court production but it truly seems like you could never make that guy happy and wasn't a guy that cared about making friends And bringing chemistry.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  13. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Sounds like what we have a god chance of being after this coming season.

This!!! I bet Dame wanted this last year, but had LMA was in the way. Now Dame can get vocal. Build relationships and help with the decisions of who to put around him, because I think he wants hard workers around him so he can relate with them, not like LMA who seems to want them around so he doesnt have to work as hard.

14. Tunchi

Tunchi Well-Known Member

I love dame too but let's not give him to much credit EVERYBODY damn near signs their first big contract after their rookie deal. It's when their UFAs I fear..

15. Blazinaway

Blazinaway Well-Known Member

pretty simple to me, he wanted to be here so signed a 5 yr max deal with I believe no player option. Whiny sensitive ass LMA is gone and its his team now, hopefully Neil will add sone good pieces the next few years and guys like Vonleh and others can improve a lot.

16. magnifier661

He would have been able to sign a 3 year deal with a player option the second year and make more money. Previous years, you'd be right on the money, but cap is taking a huge bump and franchise players can make considerably more. Signing the 5 year with no option is crazy. Even AD has a player option on the 5th year

17. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

Lillard probably thinking about dunking on aldridge in a tight 4th quarter bout and listening to the rose garden faithful errupt.

18. Darkwebs

Darkwebs Awakened to emptiness Staff Member Moderator

I really do hope Damian posterizes Adridge's pansy ass and then runs to the scorer's table, takes the mic from Mark Mason and screams, "Rip Ciiiiiitttttyyyy!"

magnifier661 likes this.
  19. Hobbesarable

Hobbesarable Cartoon Character

I would go with the latter. He's set for life and then some.

Also, he's probably happy as the franchise player. He's young and he's hungry. Other teams beware, Dame is coming to kick your ass!

Orion Bailey likes this.
  20. Chrionex

Chrionex Fuck Texas

Dame's always been a pretty positive person, I'm not worried about him sulking. I think he'll see it as another opportunity to prove himself.

Orion Bailey likes this.