Huge Fight erupts in Pistons-Pacers game

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by durvasa, Nov 19, 2004.

1. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Holy crap. I've never seen anything like that in an NBA game. I guess the question at this point will be who gets suspended and for how many games.

Several years ago, Vernon Maxwell went into the stands and punched a heckling fan, and he got suspended for 10 games or so.

For those that don't know, Ben Wallace went after Artest after a foul, they were separated, a fan threw a beer at Artest, and he went ballistic. Fans were punching Pacers, and Pacers were punching fans. It will be interesting to see what happens.

2. OrlandoMagicFan

OrlandoMagicFan JBB JustBBall Member

i have a timeline in the other thread

3. Rim-Rocca

Rim-Rocca JBB JustBBall Member

damn, i saw the hilites. that is crazy, just a disaster. did you see the fights with the fans? never seen anything like that, alot of suspensions will be handed out.

4. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

I figured this might be a topic of discussion, given the probable suspensions that will come from it. So I made a new thread.

Because of the way Ben Wallace went after Artest, and the fact he wouldn't let up for like a minute, I think he deserves at least a 1-game suspension. I mean, his reaction basically started the whole chain reaction.

Artest and Steven Jackson should also get suspended for at least a game. I know they didn't start it, and it's unfair they had to be put in that situation, but at the same time they can't go running into stands and punching fans.

5. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- JBB The Same One

omg, i have never such a thing like i saw tonight.

Detroit fans, I hope you guys arent like that. Throwing beers at the players behind the players backs and punching them while there down. You cannot blame Artest for attacking that fan. He 1st had Ben Wallace overeact and then have a fan throw a beer at him. Id be pissed too. That fan got exactly what he deserved. And for the fans to throw things at JOneil even though he wasnt a big part of the fight just made you detroit fans look like assholes. Tonight was just an insane night. I dont know whats gonna happen to the players now.

6. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Man, its a shame.You cant even play a clean game of basketball these days.One thing fans should be concerned about is NBA security, that cannot happen a fan could have seriously hurt a player, and none of us would want to see that.

7. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Yeah, this game didn't exactly help dispel the 'drunk and violent Detroit fans' stereotype.

8. drm2dnk

drm2dnk JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah the main guys guaranteed fines/suspensions..Ben wallace, Ron artest, stephen jackson..and the fans caught on tape should be banned or jailed ..one of them who started it shouldn't have thrown his iced beer since it started the whole brawl.

9. OGmAXiFY

OGmAXiFY JBB JustBBall Member

I agree, I mean come Artest had himself in complete control till one dumb fan had to start some shit....Artest had like 6..7 guys all on him

10. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

This unacceptable behavior reminds of what happened in College basketball not too long ago. Remember when they were saying that stuff to J.J. Redick? The only thing different is that this has been taken to whole nother level!

11. stang_08

stang_08 JBB JustBBall Member

wow i saw sum of the highlights during this syracuse memphis game and i couldnt believe it i dont think wallace should have acted that way ......i cant to wait to see it on sportscenter there will be a huge story their......

12. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Front page in Detroit papers for sure! It might even be front news here in NY that's how serious it was! It doesn't quite stick to you if you haven't seen it live. Good thing it was on ESPN tonight.

13. AllBoutDaPacers

AllBoutDaPacers JBB JustBBall Member

did anyone tape this game cuz i want this on video. i know its a shame and all but i want it.

14. OGmAXiFY

OGmAXiFY JBB JustBBall Member

I actually have a PVR on my computer and was watching it, but when I saw it, I was so shocked...I didn;t really think about recording it...I couldnt believe what I was seeing..

15. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting OGmAXiFY:</div><div class="quote_post">I actually have a PVR on my computer and was watching it, but when I saw it, I was so shocked...I didn;t really think about recording it...I couldnt believe what I was seeing..</div>

For real. I was originally watching a Knicks game and I turned to ESPN on a commercial. Man oh man. It felt like I was paralyzed! I couldn't even push the button on the remote for real long time. When I finally turned to it was the last play of the game. They lost by the way...

16. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

Someone must post the vid of this craziness right away... I didn't even see the pics yet just the simple recap... but from that alone this is the kinda fight that could easily turn out to have serious impacts on both sides...

17. TheMegaGreg

TheMegaGreg JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

This was probably the most amazing display of anger I have ever seen. Ron Artest will be suspended for more then a game, try 10-20. Artest took it to another level by jumping into the stands. He broke that universal rule, that you NEVER hit a fan. If he was taken out for a SEASON it would not surprise me. Forget a black eye to the league, this is more like a stab in the back. Artest has pretty well doomed his career, as I doubt even the most hardcore Pacers fan can defend him.
    J. Oneal was pretty out of it as well. He didnt go into the stands, but he did punch a fan who came onto the court. He should get 5 games minimum. That is unacceptable.

Reggie Miller was a real hero tonight aswell. I don't know how many noticed, but he, with his broken hand was trying to hold Artest back, and actually chased him into the stands to restrain him.
    Larry Brown also, just recovering from surgery, trying to hold Ben Wallace back, and trying to break up others as well.

Two real heros...

18. OrlandoMagicFan

OrlandoMagicFan JBB JustBBall Member

What about Rasheed Wallace? He was helping a whole bunch as well

19. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Tinsley wan't a hero either. I do remember him hitting someone. As for Reggie in as much as he gave me some bad memories God bless him for his courageous act.

20. Adrenaline

Adrenaline JBB JustBBall Member

That was the greatest thing i've ever seen in my life. Artest had the right to hit the fan, why would you want a bottle thrown at you for no reason? Then O'neal knocking that fat guy out was awesome! Man..that was great. Pistons are sore losers.