Humana Challenge in partnership with the Clinton Foundation Jan 22-25

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by truebluefan, Jan 12, 2015.

Added to Calendar: 01-22-15, 01-23-15, 01-24-15, 01-25-15
  1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

PGA West (Palmer), La Quinta, CA • Purse: $5,700,000

2. truebluefan

PGA Tour pro Robert Allenby, who told police that he was kidnapped, assaulted and robbed Friday night after missing the cut at the Sony Open, announced Tuesday morning that he will not play in this week's Humana Challenge.

The 43-year-old, four-time PGA Tour winner had been entered in the field before the incident in Honolulu.

"On the advice of my personal doctor, I have decided to withdraw from this week's Humana Challenge," Allenby said in a statement released through the PGA Tour. "This will enable me to ensure I am fully recovered prior to rejoining the PGA Tour. I anticipate a full recovery and look forward to returning in the near future."

Read more http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/...-humana-challenge-kidnapping-assault-incident

3. truebluefan

[​IMG]

Humana Challenge leader Matt Kuchar was asked whether he was surprised that there have been only six 59s on the PGA Tour and that no one has shot 58.

"No. We're talking about golf," Kuchar said. "It's a difficult game. It's a very challenging game. Fifty-nine, that's a lot under par. That is quite an amazing feat."

Ryan Palmer was in position to do it Friday after playing an eight-hole stretch in 10 under. Needing to go 3 under on the final eight to shoot 59, he bogeyed the next two holes and ended up with an 11-under 61.

Read more http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/...die-streak-matt-kuchar-leads-humana-challenge

4. truebluefan

Matt Kuchar's ball crashed into the rocks at the foot of the Santa Rosa Mountains and shot sideways into the All-American Canal.

More rocks and water gobbled up another ball -- and with it, his third-round lead on Saturday in the Humana Challenge.

"It's too bad, but it's what happened," Kuchar said. "I still got one more day left to try to make some birdies and still pull this thing out."

Two strokes ahead after a birdie on the par-5 14th, Kuchar bogeyed three of the final four holes for a 1-under 71 on PGA West's Arnold Palmer Private Course. That left him a shot behind two-time heart transplant recipient Erik Compton, Bill Haas, Justin Thomas and Michael Putnam.

Read more http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/...rik-compton-takes-share-humana-challenge-lead

5. truebluefan

[​IMG]

Bill Haas pulled off another imaginative escape to win the Humana Challenge.

"I think of myself as more of a painter and not a mechanic." Haas said.

Far less dramatic or lucrative than the shot he splashed out of the water to 3 feet in a playoff victory in the 2011 Tour Championship, Haas came through with another bold play Sunday after his drive on the par-5 18th stopped on top of the front lip of a right fairway bunker.

"You got to come up with something," Haas said.

Read more http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/12227791/bill-haas-pulls-away-win-humana-challenge-1-stroke