I am super excited to see Andersson play

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Jul 3, 2017.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Haven't been that jacked up about a player in a long time. Watching his highlights and reading all the scouting reports he is what this team needs. I think we all agree that our forwards as a group are talented but a lot of them are f'n dumb with hockey sense and lack a consistent motor. This guy is the opposite of that.

2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's completely out of the realm that he could make it this year but more likely another full year in Sweden or Hartford is probably best for him. He does seem to have alot of smarts and good pedigree so i think he will be solid for a long time for us. Has a great wrist shot.
    I like Fast but i thought it was kind of laughable that someone during the draft compared him to Fast, who's not near the player this guy seems to be offensively. I'd hope we didn't draft a Fast clone in the 1st round.lol

3. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

If they drafted a Fast clone with that high pick that wouldn't be good for this organization...LOL I do think the guy will be at least a top 6 player though.

4. kreidertime

This guy from all reports is on a whole different level. I think a Hagelin with 3X more offensive ability. That's the kind of player this team badly needs.

5. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

I think anderson makes this team also out of camp and is our 4th line center to start off.

6. kreidertime

I could see it. Our forwards have been lazy and dumb the past 2 years. It hurts our defense and offense.

7. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

Watched a few YouTube highlight reels - the guy can shoot the puck. I agree that he has a strong chance to make the team.

8. Ranger71

He's probably already smart enough to play in the NHL but may need one full year to mature a little more physically. Could be close though.

9. Ranger71

Signed his ELC..

10. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

Nice article on NHL.com, Lias has set making the team as his goal so good luck to him. He's going to have a real chance with the Rangers being so thin at center, especially if he can win face offs.