I can't decide which color, vote!

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by DaRizzle, Jun 10, 2011.

?

Which color body?

1. Clearcoat

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. Green

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Blue

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  1. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

I'm ordering a custom Carvin CT6 guitar:
    [​IMG]

Which color should I pick?

Im gonna have a 5 piece natural mahogany headstock no matter which color
    Chrome harware
    The pickup color of the green guitar
    Fretboard of clearcoat guitar
    Tune o Matic bridge like the green guitar

I CANT DECIDE WHICH COLOR!!!
    Maybe one of you can convince me one way or the other.

P.S. The white and brown you see surrounding the guitars is the side, there is no binding showing on the face

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  2. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Here's an idea. Stick your penis in each one, and whichever one feels the best, buy it.

3. DaLincolnJones

DaLincolnJones Well-Known Member

4. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

haha fucking joke right? those "relics" are just new guitars that they throw around the shop and take a sander to to make them look older to give them "character" lol, and then charge more for them...biggest rippoff in the biz

bottom line, buy a new guitar and "relic" it yourself!

oh and go with the green

5. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

Everytime I tell myself "You know, you should buy an American fender strat" then i play one and it feels like a 2x4 with strings attached that buzzes a crapload. I go thru that about every 5 years.

Since I live in LA I was able to go to the Carvin store in Hollywood. The CT6 felt smoother than the $5000 PRS across the street at Guitar Center.

Fender is overrated twangy things
    Gibson is overpriced and crap until the $3000 price range and even then its a crapshoot on their quality control

Im spending my money on craftsmanship and quality instead of a couple letters on a headstock

6. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

I dont think they would like me doing that at their store

7. DaLincolnJones

DaLincolnJones Well-Known Member

Hmm, I have had fantastic sucess with the Custom Shop stuff. I order how I want it. Have had everything from 56 strats, 57 strats to rosewood tripple humbuckes.

early Gibson, like 70s is available for reasonable prices. Not much plays like a 76 les paul custom delux, or dumb it down on a maple neck LP studio.

I know Carvin makes some nice stuff, as do most, I am just stuck on the same thing I have always purchased.

8. theprunetang

theprunetang Shaedon "Deadly Nightshade" Sharpe is HIM

I am a Fender guy myself. There is, unfortunately, a lot of shit that comes from them. However, a good Fender Strat is one of the most beautiful instruments ever created. In '97, I was a Sophomore in highschool. I decided to spend the summer with my sister, where she went to school, in Missoula Montana. Whilst there, I figured I should get a random job to make some money and fill in the time between my sister's school/work schedule and random outdoor activities. When I came home for the summer, I played about 100 guitars, and found a 97 American Standard strat that was absolutely perfect. The action was amazing, the neck played smooth and true, the resonance and sustain were perfect, the neck pickup sounded like bells, and the bridge pickup sounded like hell! I bought it with my summer job money and have been playing that guitar and only that guitar since. Best decision I ever made.

That is just a story....not trying to talk you out of Carvin, as I absolutely love them too......just had to defend my lover a bit.....you know.
    My dad has been playing bass ever since I was a little child. He has always used Carvin.....and once I grew up and learned to play instruments, I ended up playing and realizing that they are really fine guitars/basses. They really do a great job, and there is no middleman, so the cost is kept down. If you have played one and really like it, then go for it! Don't worry about a name, a brand, or a word on the headstock. Buy and play what you want and what fits you. That is all that matters.

I actually use a carvin tube head for live shows and love the shit out of it. I use a Marshall 4x10 cabinet and a Carvin MST3200 head. For me, that is the perfect combination. I absolutely love that head. I run it on the 50 watt setting rather than the 100 watt so it breaks up easier. Brilliant.

As far as your original question, get what looks right to you asthetically. I honestly prefer the natural wood color. The subtle stain over the wood looks downright sexy. The other colors look a bit garish to me. But, that is my opinion. Get what ever gives you a musical boner. That's what I do.

prunetang

9. BLAZER PROPHET

BLAZER PROPHET Well-Known Member

dental malpractice claims adjuster
    That's my vote as well.

Since red isn't an option.

10. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

the green and blue look like you play for an 80s hair band. That's just me though. Although, I'd like th enatural wood one more if it wasn't shiny.

11. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

hmmm...they do have a satin finish option

and I dug your post handclap...good story, good opinions

12. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

I just read this from another website:
    Alright, Im leaning towards the clearcoat....but Im sure that will change in 30 min

13. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Natural.

14. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

Thanks for everyone's input...I just put in my order and like the majority here...I went natural :)

The seven week wait for it to be built begins!!!

15. 3RA1N1AC

ugh lame...new guitars always look like shit anyways though, beat it up a little and youll be golden, and stickers

16. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

I sure hope you are joking...that sounded like a good idea when I first started playing at 14 years old...not so much now. Ive seen a guitar very similar to the one Ill be getting and it looks like a work of art

I challenge you to find a Les Paul or a PRS guitar with stickers on it...(you MIGHT have a chance on the Les Paul)

17. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Anything but black. I would bet voting black wouldn't turn out the way you think it would.

And I like the top one best.

My son, who is 10 and in a band, swears by Paul Reed Smith guitars, but has been using a Gibson SG since his PRS broke. He likes it as well

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  18. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

19. 3RA1N1AC

if you want everyone to think you have a brand new guitar that you take care of like a little baby, feel free, rock stars throw their guitars around and they get beat the fuck up

theres a reason the "relic" guitars are so popular, its just inane to have someone else do it for you

in fact, could you have saved a bunch of money and just got no finish at all? that would be ideal, you could customize it yourself before they put on the paper thin "maple top"

20. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    I don't play the guitar so I can only tell what I think looks good. I like the clear coat. Natural wood finishes are the bomb imo.