I don't like the fact that Kidd is playing 40 mpg

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by Jizzy, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Jizzy

Jizzy Capo Status

After a summer of play. Gill is playing extremely well, running the offense, hitting his shots. I dont understand why he plays like 6 min. the first half and we kill Kidd the second half. If he have an asset playing well, why not use him dry? I dont understand Frank, his obsession with with the veterans is reminiscent of Jeff van Gundy.</p>

2. pegs

pegs My future wife.

I agree. Gill was playing fine out there, not making mistakes, and helpin the team come back and build a lead.</p>

In fact, our big turnaround occurred when Gill was in.</p>

Treat him just as you would Sean: Reward him for playing well.</p>

3. J.S

J.S Member

Is Gill contracted for the whole season? He's not bad. I'd take him over D-Strong

4. Kidd Karma

Kidd Karma Member

Kidd needs his break regardless, 6 minutes a half is not much to ask at this point. 3 to close the 1st and 3rd, 3 to open the 2nd and 4th.</p>

5. Kidd Karma

Kidd Karma Member

Gill will probably be released once one of Armstrong or Williams plays a game or 2. Gill does not have a guaranteed deal. The only money going on the cap is the money he has taken home.</p>

6. lukewarmplay

lukewarmplay Hired Goons

Is Armstrong's deal guaranteed yet?</p>

7. J.S

J.S Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kidd Karma)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Gill will probably be released once one of Armstrong or Williams plays a game or 2. Gill does not have a guaranteed deal. The only money going on the cap is the money he has taken home.</p></div>

</p>
    Thanks, I was under the impression that he was signed for the whole season because 10-day contracts weren't available. D.Arm and Malik don't have full contracts either, huh.

8. jarkid

jarkid Sean The Answer to Nets Big Men

Playing in plenty ofminutesis the only way to make his stats impressing.</p>

9. Kidd Karma

Kidd Karma Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lukewarmplay)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

Is Armstrong's deal guaranteed yet?</p>

</div></p>

</p>

Only the part that was guaranteed to him. He got a partially guaranteed vets minimum deal. If I remember it correctly, 700,000 is what we pay and goes on the lux tax, the league picks up the rest of the tab. Of that 700,000, haven't seen how much of it is guaranteed.</p>

10. Kidd Karma

Kidd Karma Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jarkid)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

Playing in plenty ofminutesis the only way to make his stats impressing.</p>

</div></p>

</p>

Actually that works the opposite with Kidd. In this period of time where he knows he will need to put up 40 or more minutes, he will try to conserve energy, less hustle to the loose rebound, etc. He averaged 8 rebounds a year ago because he knew he had a backup in Marcus. He put up a career high in triple doubles. For the next month or so, we may not see a triple double.....but once Marcus or Armstrong returns those numbers will go up.</p>

</p>

11. Enigma

Enigma Member

Gill is decent, he is expendable once Armstrong and Marcus get back</p>

12. soul driver

soul driver Member

eddie is starting to get better each game. it was obviously going to take time for him to gell in of course.

13. Aurelino

Aurelino Member

This road trip was about the team finding itself and restoring some normalcy after the disastrous 4-7 start. Once the two backup PGs are back, Kidd's minutes will reduce. Gill is nothing more than a placeholder. In the LA game if Kidd hadn't played the whole 3rd quarter, the Nets wouldn't even have been in the game in the later stages.</p>

14. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (soul driver)</div><div class='quotemain'>eddie is starting to get better each game. it was obviously going to take time for him to gell in of course.</div></p>

</p>

Seems he's gelling better than DA, though.</p>

15. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

Kidd is playing 36.9 mpg. He is 24th in the league in minutes per game. He was 39th before Armstrong went down. I suspect that when Marcus Williams and Armstrong come back, he will drop down to previous levels.</p>

Allen, Pierce and Garnett are all playing 38+ mpg. Allen is playing 40.2 mpg. There is no Marcus Williams or Darrell Armstrong available to spell them. As Gilbert Arenas says, let's see how they do at the end of the season after building up those minutes.</p>

PS. I suspect Armstrong's guarantee was in the low six figures, meaning he probably hasn't reached it yet. Neither Gill nor Allen have guaranteed contracts. If they are cut before January 10, what they have made by that point will be counted against the luxury tax threshhold. The Nets are about $500,000 below the threshhold ASSUMING that Armstrong and Allen get their contracts guaranteed. If they don't, then the Nets will have more flexibility.</p>