I May Live In Atlanta, But.....

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by ABM, Oct 15, 2008.

1. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    ...this really sucks for some of you guys. Hope they get it all figured out before the season starts.

As an example:

2. crowTrobot

crowTrobot die comcast

charter just laughs at me when i ask about it

3. Tortimer

Tortimer Well-Known Member

It is Comcast and the Blazers fault for this and if this is true which I have a feeling it is from what I have heard. "Comcast has made it clear that the cost of the channel is not negotiable." There never will be CSNW on Directv or Dish. It was way more then they are paying for any other regional sports network and Comcast wants it on Directv's basic package which will never happen. Directv will not even negotiate if that is what Comcast will not negotiate. I have a feeling there will not be any of the major cable company's or Directv/Dish carrying CSNW. If Paul Allens owned cable company Charter can't get CSNW what are the chances of anybody else carry CSNW.:sigh:

4. VenomXL

VenomXL Well-Known Member

We've been getting those "demand CSNW from your cable provider" commercials down here too. I'm just gearing up for my second Blazer season without the ability to watch the majority of the games on TV. What's funny is that the town of Ashland roughly 15 miles away from me has it on their very small local cable company. :crazy:

5. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

In my opinion it is more Comcast's fault then the Blazers. The team signed the deal and said make it happen. Well Comcast hasn't made it happen.

6. AgentDrazenPetrovic

AgentDrazenPetrovic Anyone But the Lakers

DirectTV FTW!

7. Tortimer

I agree it is more Comcast fault then the Blazers but the Blazers should of made sure the deal is in place before signing or at least checked into Comcast and their regional sports network negotiations in other markets. If they would have they would have seen problems between Comcast and Directv/Dish. I'm not sure if this is true but I heard Larry Miller of the Blazers said something like if this doesn't get settled by next year the Blazers will look into breaking the contract or forcing the issue.

8. ptownblazer1

ptownblazer1 Member

I have comcast so I'm good. but the blame totally goes on Comcast in my opinion. the blazers knew that the fans were not happy having the games on fox sports seattle. It sucked, it was sonics this, huskies that, cougars this, and even the Storm...and in other news...the balzers, excuse me, the blazers beat the lakers last night. Comcast is putting a lot of money into marketing this...every other commercial on the radio and TV or newspaper has been to get the blazers on every channel. If enough people call in to that number, I'm sure Dish and DirecTV will know that they are missing out on this product and should have it on there. I think it will be on the dish and directv very soon. That's my opinion, I could be wrong. But I don't see how they are going to miss out on having this channel. Also, Comcast NW is now actually Comcast Northwest. Where seattle fans will have to suffer and watch us talk about the blazers all day. Suck it Seattle. there is now a bigger area for comcast which im sure dish and directv will realize what they're missing out on.

GO BLAZERS!

9. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    My cable co said there is zero chance they'll ever re-enter negotiations with Comcast due to their absurd $ demands and amateurish threats.

I manage to stream nearly every game for free anyway, so I'm fine with that.

10. MAS RipCity

MAS RipCity Mercy, Mercy

This would be one incident where I would feel zero guilt watching the Blazers for free online. You pay for cable, can't get it on NBA league pass..there is no other option for you..just eff it and watch it online.

11. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

So Ive heard you guys bitching about this for a while now...Are you guys telling me you cant watch POR games on tv in POR?!?

12. THE HCP

Just on the local cable provider. Direct and dish do not have the Comcast Sports channel that the games are shown on. So probably half of P-Town can't see the games. My wife can't even see them! We have dish!

13. alex42083

alex42083 Thanks Brandon

Writing about sports
    I hate those freakin' commercials, and the ads they run in the paper to call DirecTV or whomever like they're putting the blame on them on not getting the deal done.
    Comcast sucks, and I'll never go to them for cable.

14. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

Wow, that sucks HCP's sisters ass

15. crowTrobot

crowTrobot die comcast

what's the policy on posting or PM'ing links here?

16. crowTrobot

crowTrobot die comcast

not just outside portland. i live 70 miles from the general portland area and have no way to watch most games on TV.

17. Tortimer

I live at the coast about 70-80 miles from Portland and have no way to watch the games unless off the internet. I can't get Comcast only Charter which doesn't carry CSNW. I currently have Directv but would still keep Directv and subscribe to the minimum package to get CSNW on Comcast/FIOS or anything else that carries CSNW. It sucks and I'm pretty sure it won't change this year. The best hope I have is if the Blazers end up putting a lot of pressure on Comcast and they lower their demands or the Blazers break the contract and switch providers.:sigh:

18. THE HCP

Maybe you have met my sister!