I miss old school basketball

Discussion in 'Warriors Lounge' started by CohanHater, Jun 21, 2006.

1. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    Remember when Isiah clotheslined Magic in the finals and simply got a foul for it? No suspensions, no fines, no technical fouls... You come soft to the hole, you get pounded. When Shaq got knocked over by Stackhouse, he should've been embarrassed, Stack should've been proud... end of story. I wish we could've seen this series go 7 like it deserved to.

I'm sick of David Stern sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong. I still blame him for losing Arenas. He changed the salary cap so that the lakers could get Malone and Payton under the cap... which gave Washington the room to go get Arenas. Not to mention the Warriors "fairly" win the lottery in crap years. Oh well... so are the pains of being a Warrior fan.

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I miss old school ball as well. I think we won something in '75 but I wasn't even born yet.

The run tmc days I remember we scored a lot, didn't play much defense, and we had a nice couple of early round exits from the post season.

Ahh I love the nba. No center usually means no championship.

3. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

I hate a lot of the fouls called in games. Brush your pinkie against a guy driving to the hoop and you get a foul sometimes. Touch the air around LeBron and you get a foul.

4. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

When we're talking about defense and fouls, that's why its important to get a guy who can have refs give the player the benefit of the doubt. I mean anywhere from Kobe Bryant scoring or the way Ron Artest and Ben Wallace play terrific, physical D without picking up fouls the way Biedrins would. What sucks about Biedrins is he can be very good about not picking up fouls at times, but he'd still get the phantom call. The other time it's Biedrins doing something because he got outmuscled or was out of position because of help on some other guy and he was trying to stop the play using his hands.