I Still Believe

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, May 14, 2007.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Guys, just think about how far we have come this season. Two months ago the world would have laughed if you said the Warriors would be in the second round of the NBA playoffs or the playoffs alone for that matter. If we are honest with ourselves, most of us would have laughed if you said we would be in the second round when we were 9 games under .500.

Not only did we end the season on a 16-5 run, but we won 9 of our last 10 games to make the playoffs on the last game of the season! The Warriors unbelievable performance to end the season and their complete domination of the #1 seed, the best team in the playoffs was simply magical. The way the city of Oakland and the WHOLE bay area got behind the Warriors was magical. The buzz around the bay area was magical. This whole story has been magical.

When the world said we couldn't do it, when the "professional" analysts said we would finish 13th in the west...we still believed.

When the Warriors were 9 games below .500....we still believed.

When the Warriors entered the final week of the season one game out of the playoffs...we still believed.

When the Warriors were matched up against the best team in the NBA in the first round, a team that won 67 games in the regular season....we still believed.

When fat ass Barkely said we wouldn't win another game in the series...we still believed.

And now we find ourselves behind the Utah Jazz 3-1. My question to you Warriors fans....to all those who have joined this magical run from the East bay.....DO YOU BELIEVE?

I know I do. BELIEVE.

2. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

I believe, too. We've fought every game, tooth and nail. We've still got games to play. And next season after that to keep on playing.

3. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

I totally do. The Warriors have had a chance at the end to win EVERY game this series. The Jazz have not. Here's my reasoning:

All they need to do is get it to game 7, then all bets are off, it's a clean slate, and it's anybody's game. Can they get to game 7? Of course! Here's how:

To get to game 7, all they need to do is ride the feverish tidal wave of energy that the Oracle Arena crowd will give them for game 6. In Oakland, in May, in the biggest home game for the Warriors in this modern era -- there's no way they'll let the team/community/franchise down. It'll be destiny in game 6, and I could even see a 20 point thumping like in game 3. So, all they need to do is get to game 6, ride the wave, and they'll be in that "all bets off" game 7. Can they get to game 6? I think so. Here's how:

The Warriors need to look at games 1 and 2, realize that they stood toe to toe with the Jazz, and simply didn't finish. Then, they'll need to do it again, and this time... FINISH! Tomorrow night I think the Warriors' focus will be at an all time high. I just don't think they'll come out and play a regular-season type game. I think they have an edge, a drive, and are determined to not go quietly. I could feel it in JRich's interview I saw today. He said "it ain't over until they win the 4th game and the final buzzer sounds."

I think the Warriors are going to come out on a mission tomorrow night, and I think the leader will be Jason Richardson. IMO this will be the signature game of his career. Mark me.

So, to recap: All they need to do is get to game 7, then everything is wiped clean and it's a game for the ages. To get there, they need to get to Oakland for game 6 and ride the tidal wave of energy to a blow out. To bring it back home to Oakland, JRich is going to come out tomorrow night and make EVERYONE in the NBA world a believer!

<font size=""7"">I BELIEVE!!</font>

4. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

Why not believe? You guys are on a magical ride right now, and anybody with a heartbeat can't help but smile at the enthusiasm and success that the Warriors have had facing the odds of an 8 seed. You guys keep on believing, there's no reason not to given the things that Golden State has already done. Like I've said, I like the Jazz because of Williams, but I'm rooting for the Warriors right with ya. Keep the dream alive!

5. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

Until this team is eliminated, I will believe...

6. Montaman

Montaman JBB JustBBall Member

Count me in.

7. SIXPAK GQ

SIXPAK GQ JBB JustBBall Member

i will believe even if we lose

8. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">SIXPAK GQ Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">i will believe even if we lose</div>Believe in a good offseason?[​IMG]

9. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

I still believe, but CR2 better damn well post that he doesn't. His lack of negativity is the sole purpose we're down 3-1!

10. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

Well said, Rudeezy. I believe too.

11. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I don't believe! The Warriors are getting knocked out tomorrow! I can speak for Charles Barkley as well. He doesn't believe either! Warriors! Go TNT!

12. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    [​IMG]

I believe Adonal Foyle will give us the game winning 3.

13. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

After the first two heart breakers I don't think I can believe.

I want to believe they can go 7 games, but I just get the feeling they won't be able to. I hope that doesn't make me any less a fan.

14. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I want to believe they can go 7 games, but I just get the feeling they won't be able to. I hope that doesn't make me any less a fan.</div>
    Well, that seals it. Warriors will win! AF is always wrong. Watch him edit this post after tomorrow night, saying that he believed all along. [​IMG]

15. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

I don't believe but that doesn't mean that I will not be pulling for the Warriors to win tonight.

Baron Davis is going to have to be dominant and the Warriors have to find a way to keep the ball out of Boozer's hands. If that means doubling him every time he touches the ball in the post then so be it. If that means more pick and rolls and more penetration to get him into potential foul trouble then that is what they are going to have to do. They have to keep Boozer below 20 points and below 10 rebounds in order to have a chance to win.

My hope is that someone will send a strong message to Boozer when he gets into the lane to finish to let him know that he is going to get some wood when he gets into the lane. As long as it isn't so malicious that it gets a Flagrant 2 it should send the message.

16. AnimeFANatic

<div class="quote_poster">Gohn Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Well, that seals it. Warriors will win! AF is always wrong. Watch him edit this post after tomorrow night, saying that he believed all along. [​IMG]</div>

I don't ever recall doing anything like that before! [​IMG]

17. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    I washed the bad mojo out of the "We believe" T-shirt that my buddy gifted me after game 3. The real question is, do I wear that shirt, or the shirt I wore while watching game 3?

18. AnimeFANatic

<div class="quote_poster">CohanHater Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I washed the bad mojo out of the "We believe" T-shirt that my buddy gifted me after game 3. The real question is, do I wear that shirt, or the shirt I wore while watching game 3?</div>

Both at the same time.

19. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    That didn't even cross my mind, the We Believe shirt is big enough to be baggy on Boom Dizzle, so that'll work (I'm 5'7" 160) If we're down at half time, I'll take the outside shirt off. WE BELIEVE!

20. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

Their backs have hit the wall; this means it's Warriors time! 3 more wins! haha. I think the Warriors will win big tonight. They aren't going to be fooling around anymore.