I was wrong

Discussion in 'Arsenal FC' started by DUB, May 26, 2015.

1. DUB

DUB Da, da da, da dah!

On the back of yet again not signing a defensive midfielder, and not signing a striker; I didn't think we'd make the top four this season.

Happily, I was wrong.

That said, we finished with less points than last season, and won less games. So maybe it's more a result of others getting worse, rather than us improving.

We were extremely lucky that Coquelin saved us when he did, and that Wenger finally played Cazorla centrally.

If we had've had a decent defensive midfielder from the start of the season, and better quality depth at striker, maybe we could have challenged for the title.

Ultimately the season was not as bad as I predicted it would be; but I also feel that it was not as good as it could have been, had better decisions been made before the season began.

2. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Hoping for a trophy this weekend to cap-off what has been an up-and-down but ultimately satisfactory season.

We led the league for the second half of the season and our results against the bottom dozen or so teams were remarkably consistent. We just need to start faster next year and keep the pace up.

Realistically I think our roster is well-rounded and we don't have a lot of problems. I think we will sign support players this summer instead of looking for stars.

3. DUB

DUB Da, da da, da dah!

It hasn't been satisfactory for me, as I think we could have done better had we made a couple of good signings at the start of the season.

Everything after not making those signings has exceeded my expectations though.

So more than satisfactory if I can somehow pretend that we couldn't (for some reason) make any signings after Alexis.

I would like to sign some more experienced players as backup 9 and 6, however knowing Wenger he'll probabally go with Krystian Bielik, and sign another youngster; or just play without adequate cover (again).

4. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

I don't know what the summer holds in terms of transfers but I suspect we will be tweaking more than overhauling.

Would like to see us win the league next year. The FA Cup is fine for the last two seasons but our ambitions should be greater now that the team is well stocked and cohesive.