I'm a Ben Roethlisberger fan

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by Rex Grossman 8, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Rex Grossman 8

Rex Grossman 8 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Re: I'm a Ben Roethlisberger fan

Other people are calling me a Steelers fan. Including my sister. I like Big Ben alot. So you can go ahead and call me one but i've like Big Ben since college. Just letting ya know. I didn't hop on the bandwagon. I'm serious about this.

2. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I started liking him last year after he took the helm from Maddox, knew a little bit about him from his college days and really started liking him last year. As a Redskins fan in PA, I only get to see about half of the Redskins games because hardly any of them are broadcasted here because we get all the Eagles and Giants games FIRST. So that sucks for me. Me not liking the Eagles or the Giants, I watch all the Steelers games I can, so I really started following them closer last year, and I became a huge Roethlisberger fan from that--he's like my hero to see what he's done over the past two years, I'm glad I've been able to watch him progress it's truly amazing.

3. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

I seen the guy played in College but I knew he was the next big thing when we drafted him so i never hoped on his bandwagon. I can careless if a lot of people jump on his nuts in the next several month [​IMG]

4. Rex Grossman 8

Rex Grossman 8 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I got myself a Big Ben shirt today from my sister. So i'm a Bears and Steelers fan. I hope you guys aren't mad at me(Steelers fans).

5. GotSkillz92

GotSkillz92 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Don't get on me steeler fans but I think Big Ben is one of the most overrated players in the league. He chokes in big games. 22.7 rating this year in the sb and last year he had 3 pics in the AFC championship game. He's always had a great defense to back him up along with a good running game. 22-4 as a starter but how many times did he pass the ball in the regular season in a game? like 12-13 times. also a higher percentage because of the play action fake. Dont get me wrong, he's good and he's probably going 2 be a very good qb but dont refer to him as an elite qb yet.

6. His Greatness

His Greatness BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz52 @ Feb 6 2006, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Don't get on me steeler fans but I think Big Ben is one of the most overrated players in the league. He chokes in big games. 22.7 rating this year in the sb and last year he had 3 pics in the AFC championship game. He's always had a great defense to back him up along with a good running game. 22-4 as a starter but how many times did he pass the ball in the regular season in a game? like 12-13 times. also a higher percentage because of the play action fake. Dont get me wrong, he's good and he's probably going 2 be a very good qb but dont refer to him as an elite qb yet.</div>DUDE, first off all he's the YOUNGEST PLAYER to win a superbowl, period, something like that is hard to accomplish, HE'S a QB in his second year, you can't go out and perfect at everything

7. GotSkillz92

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (His Greatness @ Feb 6 2006, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz52 @ Feb 6 2006, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Don't get on me steeler fans but I think Big Ben is one of the most overrated players in the league. He chokes in big games. 22.7 rating this year in the sb and last year he had 3 pics in the AFC championship game. He's always had a great defense to back him up along with a good running game. 22-4 as a starter but how many times did he pass the ball in the regular season in a game? like 12-13 times. also a higher percentage because of the play action fake. Dont get me wrong, he's good and he's probably going 2 be a very good qb but dont refer to him as an elite qb yet.</div>DUDE, first off all he's the YOUNGEST PLAYER to win a superbowl, period, something like that is hard to accomplish, HE'S a QB in his second year, you can't go out and perfect at everything</div>Young but not elite. People act like he's one of the best qb's in the league when he isnt. He didnt win the superbowl, their defense did. Im not saying to be perfect, but dont get a 22.7 rating in the biggest game in your life. Im not saying he sucks, im saying he's not good enough to be called a good qb.

8. JHair

Yup, maybe having 14 pass attempts per game is the BEST THING they can do for the offense they run. WHAT? Now you need to be an air-it-out offense to be acceptable these days? If it works, use it, and guess what, that's what works with Pittsburgh's system so yeah they are gonna use it.You talk trash on him for throwing 3 picks vs. the Pats last year, guess what buddy, your boy McNabb did the same 2 weeks later and choked vs. the same team. At least Roethlisberger can go out a winner, took the Eagles forever to actually get to the Super Bowl, and they blew it.Like HG said, he's the youngest to win it and nothing you say can take that away from him.

9. Karlos

Karlos NFLC nflcentral.net Member

He's a beast QB. It's extremely HARD not to like him.

10. His Greatness

His Greatness BBW Member

Lmao, there defense? Matt Hasselbeck had 273 yards, and Shaun had a 4.7 average, 5 yards short of the century mark.Again, NOBODY in this thread said that he was one of the best, he's a SECOND YEAR QB, YOU CANT expect to be so calm and collected in a big game like the Superbowl, he hasnt even had time enough to learn the whole game..

11. GotSkillz92

Did'nt i just say steeler fans dont take it hard. so why is everybody praising him when he only passes it 14 times a game and chokes in the big games. If the steelers wouldve lost all the blame wouldve been put on Ben because he played horrible. Don't be bringing in the eagles when i didnt even bring up the steelers up. But I know Big Ben will never be as good as Mcnabb is. This team was just like the Baltimore Ravens. But you dont see Trent Dilfer being praised like Ben. All im saying is dont refer to big ben as elite when he chokes in the playoffs and doesnt pass alot during the games.

12. JHair

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (His Greatness @ Feb 6 2006, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Again, NOBODY in this thread said that he was one of the best</div>Right now, if I had to make a prediction, I would say he's gonna go down as the best ever by the time he retires.

13. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I like the Steelers a little bit now. Just because they took out those damn Seahawks!

14. GotSkillz92

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (His Greatness @ Feb 6 2006, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Lmao, there defense? Matt Hasselbeck had 273 yards, and Shaun had a 4.7 average, 5 yards short of the century mark.Again, NOBODY in this thread said that he was one of the best, he's a SECOND YEAR QB, YOU CANT expect to be so calm and collected in a big game like the Superbowl, he hasnt even had time enough to learn the whole game..</div> So wat won the game buddy? Big Ben with his 22.7 rating. What really is IMPORTANT IS THAT THEY ONLY GAVE UP 10 points. Matt couldve gained 600 yards passing and shaun couldve rushed for 200 but the fact of the matter is they didnt let them score. Thats good defense. Its the most impressive stat. I know he is young but dont prefer to him as elite as everyone else does.

15. JHair

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz52 @ Feb 6 2006, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>But I know Big Ben will never be as good as Mcnabb is.</div>[​IMG]So far, with 2 years into his career, he IS better than McNabb is. PLUS he has a Super Bowl win under his belt. That's more than you can say for Donovan.[​IMG] The stats don't lie

16. GotSkillz92

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JHair @ Feb 6 2006, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz52 @ Feb 6 2006, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>But I know Big Ben will never be as good as Mcnabb is.</div>[​IMG]So far, with 2 years into his career, he IS better than McNabb is. PLUS he has a Super Bowl win under his belt. That's more than you can say for Donovan.[​IMG] The stats don't lie</div> [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] HAHA., in this case the stats do lie. 1st of all name the receivers mcnabb had early in his career compared to Big Ben. Ben has Plaxico Burress, Hines Ward, Randle El, etc. McNabb has #2 and #3 receivers like Todd Pinkston, James Trash( Special teams for redskins) former #1 receiver for eagles. The only weapon McNabb really had early in his years was Duce Staley. Even with that, he took his team to the playoffs 4 times in a row. O, and i dont think McNabb had complentary rb's like the bus and willie parker. Big Ben was given a playoff ready team. McNabb wasnt. What u gonna say now Kyle Orton is better than McNabb because his team made the playoffs in his 1st 2 years?

17. JHair

Wait did you look at the stats or not?

18. His Greatness

His Greatness BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>So wat won the game buddy? Big Ben with his 22.7 rating. What really is IMPORTANT IS THAT THEY ONLY GAVE UP 10 points. Matt couldve gained 600 yards passing and shaun couldve rushed for 200 but the fact of the matter is they didnt let them score. Thats good defense. Its the most impressive stat. I know he is young but dont prefer to him as elite as everyone else does.</div>LMAO PLEASE, get more realistic dude, 600 yards passing? 200 yards rushing? A GAME IS WON by not letting the opponent scoring OR by scoring more than your opponent, FROM YOUR VIEW, DEFENSE wins games for every team. Superbowl 38, Jake Delhomme had 323 yards and three touchdowns, I'm guessing the defense stopped them because he <u>COUDLVE</u> reached 600 yards? God, your approach is even horrible.

19. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Ben Roethlisberger had a horrible game in the Super Bowl. Yeah, his team won, but that was only because of....1) The Steelers Defense shutting down the Seahawks Offense (Yeah, they put up yards, but only 10 points)2) Antwann Randle-El throwing the touchdown pass to Hines Ward.3) A very nice run by Willie ParkerHe only led his team down the field once, and that was on a very questionable throw on 3rd and 28 (How was that lob not picked off?) and a questionable 3rd and Goal run by Roethlisberger. Not to mention that he threw 2 costly interceptions.... That is not putting your team in a position to win the game.The Steelers won in spite of Roethlisberger, not because of him.

20. His Greatness

His Greatness BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Feb 6 2006, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ben Roethlisberger had a horrible game in the Super Bowl. Yeah, his team won, but that was only because of....1) The Steelers Defense shutting down the Seahawks Offense (Yeah, they put up yards, but only 10 points)2) Antwann Randle-El throwing the touchdown pass to Hines Ward.3) A very nice run by Willie ParkerHe only led his team down the field once, and that was on a very questionable throw on 3rd and 28 (How was that lob not picked off?) and a questionable 3rd and Goal run by Roethlisberger. Not to mention that he threw 2 costly interceptions.... That is not putting your team in a position to win the game.The Steelers won in spite of Roethlisberger, not because of him.</div>I'm not saying they won BECAUSE of him, my point was that he's a SECOND YEAR QUARTERBACK playing in the biggest game, of course your going to be pressured, if you put JOE MONTANA in the superbowl in his second year I wont be surprised to see him have a similar performance.