OT I'm an eternal optimist

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Lanny, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    With my seats, I have to be.

2. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    I know I’m always coming off as a pissed off kid lol, but I appreciate the perspective you and @riverman and @Hoopguru bring.

3. riverman

riverman Writing Team

It's by far the more enjoyable approach to a season of Blazer basketball....which is why I wouldn't make a good Knick fan...those fans boo every game...or the Heat where the arena is empty and their announcers are falling asleep

4. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    Me too lanny as I no longer get worked up over something that I have no control over. I enjoy the game and I enjoy the team. Why so many posters want to get all worked up over something they have no control over is beyond me, but hopefully they don't get ulcers over it.

riverman and Orion Bailey like this.
  5. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    That sounds pretty close to apathy, I’m not trying to say you’re not a fan. Just most of us have an emotional investment in the teams we cheer for, so it’s why we get “worked up” when we feel like their screwing up.

Propagandist likes this.
  6. Hobbesarable

Hobbesarable Cartoon Character

@Lanny , I try to find enjoyment wherever I can. Life is too short. Enjoy it!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    Orion Bailey, riverman and CupWizier like this.
  7. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

I look forward to moving back, and attending a game with my Daughter in OUR HOUSE, GO BLAZERS!!

8. CupWizier

retired
    Well, you can use whatever reason you want to justify your emotional breakdown over a sports team but you thinking I have no enthusiasm or interest in the Blazers is way off base as I cheer for all of the sports teams that I have chosen to root for and the Blazers have been at the top of my list for a long time. Tell me how successful your rants have been and what it has accomplished. If it has worked so successfully then hopefully you can share it with the rest of us.

9. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    My emotional breakdown? Oh no I get annoyed about the Blazers once in a while and post it online so that means I’m having an emotional breakdown?
    My rants have been very successful at having conversations about the Blazers which is exactly why most of us are here. I realize I have no control over what the Blazers do but I can still have opinions about it.
    Don’t try to act like your somehow better than me just because. You literally don’t know me, and I have never had an issue with you in here and I’d like to keep it that way.

10. CupWizier

retired

"I know I’m always coming off as a pissed off kid lol"

I never said anything about being better than you in any post ever so not sure why you went down that road. I simply gave my opinion and how I am as a fan. I try and think twice and post once so that the emotions don't make me say something stupid. You took it to a personal level when you said that my take on the Blazers is like an apathetic approach which is about as far from the truth as can be. Being apathetic and not ranting and raving in a forum aren't even close to being similar.

11. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    I said it sounded like Apathy and if you read what you said it does kind of sound like it m, I noted I wasn’t questioning if you were a fan. I have no idea how much of a fan you are not. I’m glad you’re happy with things.
    I didn’t make it “personal” just said what I thought it came off as.
    Anyways- if I took it wrong than fine, but I think saying I’m having emotional breakdowns makes it sound like you think I’m off beating my wife and children over what the Blazers do or I somehow can’t make it to work or something.
    Like what do you think an emotional breakdown is? I’ve volunteered with people who have legit mental disabilities and emotional breakdowns for most of my adult life so I can say for certain I don’t have them...
    Anyways if you thought I was questioning your fandom I apologize, it wasn’t meant that way.

12. CupWizier

retired
    IMO someone who is always like a pissed off kid is likely having a form of emotional breakdown. We all have emotional breakdowns (as I know I have had one on occasion) over various situations and there is a hug range between a mild one to one that needs more serious attention. I am confident that you are in the first category I mentioned. I never said I was happy with things either as I simply said I don;t get overly worked up over things that I have no control over. I come into a forum to discuss, but I must admit the constant whining ( and this is just a general take) gets old real quick. A perfect example is gronk. I have never had any issues with you either and don't plan on having any. How I handle things is my way and how you handle things is your way. That's what makes us all unique.

:cheers:

13. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Fair enough! For eternal optimism! :)
    :MARIS61:

CupWizier likes this.
  14. riverman

riverman Writing Team

It's just more damned fun to enjoy it...I can always find something to enjoy in a game...early last season I celebrated if we won a qtr of a game....one game at a time...

Hoopguru likes this.
  15. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

I enjoy your input and opinions, and you are always very civil. Thanks

riverman likes this.
  16. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Ive known Cup from the two forums for years, the guy is very knowledgeable and always fair and backs up his opinions with solid facts.