Important Information About Thread Tags

Discussion in 'Site News' started by 44Thrilla, Sep 1, 2008.

1. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Some of you may have noticed a cool new tagging feature we now have with the vB software. Thread tags will add a very useful new element to our community, if utilized properly.

With this in mind, we are politely asking for everybody to make an effort to start adding relevant tags when creating new threads.

To those of you that are unfamiliar with them, the prompt to add them is located below the text box when you create a new topic.

[​IMG]

The tags in an existing thread are found below the thread's content and the 'Quick Reply' box.

[​IMG]

Please only add useful tags, like pegs did in the pictured thread.

What's cool about all of this, is that you will be able to go to the tag page and search through threads that contain things that you are interested in. If we follow through, we will have a whole new way to search the forums.

The tag page can be found under the 'Search' option on the blue forum bar.

Here is what it looks like right now:
    http://sportstwo.com/forums/tags.php

Hopefully, this all will become an exciting and extremely useful new addition to our site.

Thank you very much for reading this.

2. JE

JE Suspended

in between jobs right now
    I guess adding 'I like pie' to the Random Thought thread tags wasn't very responsible of me...

3. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    If we take this seriously, the tags feature of vB3 can really enhance our enjoyment of the site. There's been an on-again/off-again discussion about OT threads in team forums; some people want to read about LeBron in the Cavs' forum, while others want to talk about him in their preferred team forum. Not a problem if people tag such threads with "Cavs, LeBron" - then people interested in LeBron (or Cavs) can find all the relevent threads.

See:
    http://sportstwo.com/forums/tags.php

For tags in action.

4. warman

warman New Member

Really a nice post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas on this one. Please keep posting about such articles as they really spread useful information. Thanks for this particular sharing. I hope it stays updated, take care.

5. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

you're welcome, bro.