Is Chris Kaman serious???

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Clippers' started by CelticBalla32, Oct 17, 2006.

1. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/427...a_better_offer/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Chris Kaman and his agent were expecting for a higher annual average salary than the one proposed to them by Mike Dunleavy.

"I'm not going to go for what's under market value for my position after how I performed last year and what I know I'm capable of," said Kaman, who also declined to discuss specifics of the offer after practice. "If we don't get something done, we can always wait until the summer and see what happens then.

"I know what guys have gotten most recently with Dalembert and Tyson Chandler," Kaman said. "I know what they did in their years when they got paid, and I think my numbers are probably a little bit better in some areas."

"Honestly, I think this was a very significant offer that was made to Chris, and we'd obviously like to see this get done," Dunleavy said. "We think it would be in the best interest of our club and best for Chris as well, but there is a deadline."</div>
    The Clippers offered him a 5 year/$50M contract, and he expected more? Why is he so damn greedy? I mean sure, he's a very good player and a double-double machine, but this is pure greed right here. He's not an All-Star (yet anyway) and he's looking for MORE than $10M a year? That is just crazy, really.

I love Kaman, he's an excellent player, but this is stupid.

2. DaCaliHustla50

DaCaliHustla50 BBW Elite Member

Yah, he's definitely not worth 10+ million a year, I wonder what the Clippers will do

3. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Ok, he defiently isnt worth $10million a year...or over it, but that doesn't mean hes greedy. Being greedy means your not sharing with others, its not like he saying I get 10mill so the other players will get payed less. I hate it when people say players are greedy...if you can, GET THE DAMN MONEY!!!! But Yeah, hes worth more like 6-8mill...if that!!!!

4. Michael Bryant

Michael Bryant BBW Elite Member

Well, if he does get the 10 million, maybe he can use some of that money to get himself a f*cking haircut.

5. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Michael Bryant @ Oct 19 2006, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well, if he does get the 10 million, maybe he can use some of that money to get himself a f*cking haircut.</div>hahah, if I was the barber I would charge him so much. say like....ten million?but if Nene could get 10 mil a year, I dont see why he cant. It is very hard to find good centers these days and he is only going to get better. I would say his market value is about 7-9.

6. Illosophee

Illosophee BBW Elite Member

<span style="font-family:Book Antiqua">Well, I don't really see another team signing him now, so he'd better either go with the Clips or wait until the next resigning period comes... A whole year from now!Of course, Kaman did say that he's prepared to wait, so whatever.</span>

7. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

I don't understand that either, considering his slow start this season, he should be on his knees bowing down to the Clippers for giving him 10 MIL a year

8. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

The Clippers need to show that they have some balls and tell him that they cannot afford to pay him 12 million a year. He'll come around.

9. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Nov 22 2006, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Clippers need to show that they have some balls and tell him that they cannot afford to pay him 12 million a year. He'll come around.</div>Yup I agree totally. But Kaman should have 10 million a year, no more no less.

10. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

Doesn't he know ugly ass white people don't get paid as much as handsome young black men?

11. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

I can't blame a guy for going after as much as possible...he gives a lot of effort on the court so it doesn't bother me.

12. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

Sure he gives alot of effort. So does Brian Scalbrine.If he wants anymore, to bad, Clippers need to say no, and if he doesn't like it, deal with it or leave. Its not like he can't support his family with 10 mill, like Latrell Spreewell..

13. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

10 Mil should be used for All-Stars. Kaman is no all-star yet. I think he deserves maybe 4-6 mil

14. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>10 Mil should be used for All-Stars. Kaman is no all-star yet. I think he deserves maybe 4-6 mil</div> In a league where even the decent of big men are overpaid? That deal is about the range he should be getting imo, he wants a little more making him overpaid. Doesn't surprize me, he's not a bad center in this league.