Is Kidd deal still in works?

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by The Legend, Aug 22, 2007.

1. The Legend

The Legend Legend of JBB..

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Bryant has talked about requesting a trade from the Lakers since the end of last season and talks favorably about playing with Kidd, meaning he could return to L.A. after this tournament pushing for such a trade again. Bryant has declined to comment on his feelings toward the Lakers or on being traded, saying he doesn't want to detract from the U.S. team.</div>

Source

Another worthless rumor, I doubt New Jersey would want Bynum anymore, since they are trying to go all out and are trying to win it all this year. But, you never know. Maybe Kobe might push for the Kidd trade again.

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">The Legend Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Source

Another worthless rumor, I doubt New Jersey would want Bynum anymore, since they are trying to go all out and are trying to win it all this year. But, you never know. Maybe Kobe might push for the Kidd trade again.</div>

It's just your typical Sam Smith rumor mill piece. He's famous for reaching on deals without anything to back it up.

The Nets are committed to winning now, but the East isn't as wide open as it was last season. The Nets are also still in the Jermaine O'Neal sweepstakes and to date have the best package to offer Indiana.

Speaking of Jermaine O'neal, I've noticed his jerseys have been on sale everywhere.

3. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I think they're on sale retailers are convinced he's going to be traded, especially after that whole situation where he said he wouldn't mind being in LAL or NJ about two weeks ago.

I don't expect any trades to go down. I've given up on this organization's leadership and the NBA (ref scandal). I still support the Lakers but basketball has quickly fallen down my list of favorite sports.

4. Jumpman

Jumpman And Your Nominees Are...

Didn't someone or an article say that Thorn doesn't even want Bynum anymore? I can't find the link.

5. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Thorn wants to keep Kidd. We had our shot and we didn't jump at it because of the potential of Andrew Bynum. Every damn big man has "potential" when they come into the league. Hell, Kwame Brown was a beast in HS....a far better HS player than Bynum, look at him. Potential doesn't always pan out, that's why you trade potential for a sure shot in my eyes...unless that potential is that of a Deron Williams, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, etc...

6. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Jumpman Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Didn't someone or an article say that Thorn doesn't even want Bynum anymore? I can't find the link.</div>

Yes Thorn did make those comments.

At this point it's moot, because the Lakers have no intention of dealing Bynum. As fans we don't really know if this is the right decision coming into this season, because no one has seen Bynum play. The only insight we have is Bynum has been busting his butt all summer every single day.

Looking back on last season, not acquiring Jason Kidd was a tremendous mistake for at least the short term. The Lakers would have finished with a higher seed, and would have likely made it into the second round.

The Lakers could have been in the same position the Rockers were in last year. I think the Lakers with Kidd would have taken care of Utah, and then defeat the Warriors in Round 2 leading up to a showdown in the WCF against the Spurs.

In a Lakers v. Spurs series it could have went either way, and had the Lakers advanced to the Finals, they would have taken no more than 5 games to beat the Cavs.

By not trading Bynum, all eyes are on him now to deliver right away. When the Lakers originally drafted Bynum, everyone knew he was going to be a long term project. Most big men projects take 4 or 5 years before you see any impact.

Bynum will be technically be in his 3rd season, but realistically it's just his sophmore year, because during his rookie season he rarely sniffed any playing time.

It's not fair to Bynum all the expectations and the Lakers success rely largely on his shoulders, but the lack of progress in other areas of the roster, has placed Bynum in a tough predicament.

I don't have high expectations for the team this year, at current I see them as a bubble team. However, I'm anxious for the season to start so a lot of unanswered questions can be put to rest.

7. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

Why would the Nets trade away Jason Kidd when they just signed Vince Carter to a huge contract extension. Not happening

8. Dark Hero

Dark Hero Can't Tell Me Nothing

J.Kidd no way.Theres no way were going to get him no trades or anything big with the Lakers.