IS KYRIE A FRANCHISE STAR? NBA INSIDERS DOUBT IRVING WORTH WHAT CELTICS PAID

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by truebluefan, Aug 31, 2017.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

On his best days, when his team is thriving and the mood is right, Kyrie Irving won’t just dazzle you with deft ball-handling and expert marksmanship—he’ll disarm you with self-awareness and humility.

Yes, Irving will concede, I could bring that defensive intensity more often. I could make those scoring passes more consistently. I could drop 10 assists if necessary. I could do more. I know I need to do more.

His coaches have heard it. His teammates have seen it.

It is in these rare moments, when the cool facade drops, the ego hibernates and his better angels emerge, that the swaggering 25-year-old offers a hopeful glimpse of what he might yet become: a complete player, a true superstar, a leader.

Read more http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...oston-celtics-from-cavaliers-and-lebron-james

2. bostonwildcats

bostonwildcats Member

I completely agree....Danny really got schooled here. If you are going to throw the farm at anything, you go after a Anthony Davis type player. Kyrie was just above average before Lebron got back to Cleveland. I have only seen a handful of people that think this was anything close to a good deal for Boston. Then to add insult to injury, he caves and throws in another 2nd rounder. Horrible....Not sure what he is thinking.

BW