Is there any chance?

Discussion in 'Dallas Mavericks' started by Warriorfansnc93, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Do you guys think this will be an easy clean sweep? Or do you think GS could give Dallas a run for their money? I am hoping the latter. Some people I have talked to think GS might even beat Dallas. I dont think they will over a 7 game series, but either way good luck!

2. jbbhoops4life

jbbhoops4life JBB future coach

of course theres a chance that the warriors win. if your team is on the court, you have an equal chance of beating the other team on the floor. does that mean that it will happen? who knows, its the playoffs so anything can happen. either way, im going with dallas.

3. lakers_kb24

lakers_kb24 JBB JustBBall Member

I actually think that you have a pretty good chance of beating Dallas. But, even though you sweped them in the season, the playoff atmosphere is still pretty different so I'm picking Dallas to win it in 7. But, I thiink GS. has about a 40% chance of winning.

4. kobe23

kobe23 JBB JustBBall Member

College Undergrad
    GS has a big chance of upsetting the best team in the NBA

5. MJordan

MJordan JBB JustBBall Member

It seems as if the Warriors just have that something that throws Dallas off a bit. However, I am sure the Mavericks will regain their composure and take the series, GS is a threat.

6. dallasdude

dallasdude JBB JustBBall Member

Hopefully Terry and Howard should realize Dirk isn't going to do sh*t in the playoffs and both of 'em need to carry the team from now on.

7. SpeeJ

SpeeJ JBB JustBBall Member

3-1 for Warriors... I think they have a biig chance of winning the series.

Lol, its always fun to watch how Dallas fan dislikes Dirk [​IMG]

8. dallasdude

<div class="quote_poster">SpeeJ Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">3-1 for Warriors... I think they have a biig chance of winning the series.

Lol, its always fun to watch how Dallas fan dislikes Dirk [​IMG]</div>

Ain't that the truth...Everyone out here in Dallas knows Dirk is worthless. Only the media and the people watching him occasionally are hyping him.

9. kathleen

kathleen JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">dallasdude Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Ain't that the truth...Everyone out here in Dallas knows Dirk is worthless. Only the media and the people watching him occasionally are hyping him.</div>

I'm pretty sure he helped keep Dallas' season alive tonight

10. xplicitjc

xplicitjc cold as a hooker's heart

i have been extremely impressed with josh howard this series...he's been consistently dominant all series. i don't know why he isn't taking more shots than he is.

on the other hand, if i were a mavs fan, i would be real pissed with dirk (aside from the 4th quarter last night). even avery is fed up with him whining and making excuses for his non-play. i mean come on, you're supposed to be the best player in the league!!

11. Detroit Madness

Detroit Madness JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">dallasdude Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Ain't that the truth...Everyone out here in Dallas knows Dirk is worthless. Only the media and the people watching him occasionally are hyping him.</div>
    So your pretty much saying you'd rather not be in the playoffs.

12. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 JBB JustBBall Member

Holy crap!!! GS total destruction of the Mavs!! DAMN!!!!!!!!

13. dallasdude

Ok..It's all Kevin Willis fault. Things were good till they signed that dude.

14. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

Watching Dirk right now. Saying they should have a post scorer and it's his weakest position. My question about him is what really makes him stand out on the team. It seems to me that he IS a great jump shooter....but what more does he bring? Howard, Terry, and Stackhouse seem to be the only true aggressive players on the floor. Did you see the footage with Dirk hanging out at the 3-point line, not even thinking about a thing called rebounding. If the play is on the opposite side of the floor and it's getting low on the shot clock, you know a shots gotta go up. Get in the post. He's 7' with no real post presence, let alone game. I actually wanted them to play the Warriors because I thought it would be an interesting series, not for them to lose though. Did Avery change the gameplan like in the previous game to get the ball out of Baron's hands? My DVR missed everything from the middle of the 2nd quarter til' 5 min left so I missed the full 3rd quarter and half of the 4th.