Isiah acquires Rose, Taylor and 2 1st round picks

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by 02civic, Feb 24, 2005.

1. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

This true?

"Two league sources told ESPN Insider Chad Ford that New York has traded Nazr Mohammed and Jamison Brewer to the Spurs for Malik Rose and a first-round pick.

The Knicks also traded Vin Baker and Moochie Norris to the Rockets for Maurice Taylor and a first-round pick, Ford reports."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1998814

2. Spurs_fan_north

Spurs_fan_north JBB JustBBall Member

I can't see why it isn't true, but I don't understand why the Knicks did it. I thought that Nazr was doing good work for you guys, and now you have no center, or at least I don't think so. Has Isaiah come out and said why he did these trades?

I can see why the Spurs did this in some ways, Malik was in Pop's dog house and not getting much PT, and with Nazr we get a great backup for Rasho. He will also help if we go to the finals and if we have to face the Heat.

3. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

Well it Nazr's in a contract year so i guess he was not in their long term plans. This way they get a first round pick, which will be used wisely by Isiah. But Malik Rose??

And then he gets Maurice Taylor and a first rounder as well. I can see why he is stalking up on 1st round picks but why power fowards?

4. Beat

Beat JBB JustBBall Member

Nazi is not gonna do anything against the heat. Shaq will eat NAzi. But why did we trade nazi and trade for Maurice Taylor unless theres gonna be another trade. Thats gonaa give us Sweetney, Taylor, Thomas and Rose. 4 pfs, for what. There must be another trade goin down.

5. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Change the title of the thread someone.

Isiah is crazy man...He's adding 32 million dollars MORE total, to his payroll with these trades. What good does this do anyways? Unless he plans to trade away Sweetney, these trades are very stupid IMO.

Taylor doesn't know how to play D, like most Knicks, and now they bring him and his big contract here.

The Malik Rose trade is more reasonable because of the low pick, but less stupid. He's a blue collar hard nose worker, but he does have a monster contract, which will be considered as a small contract in NY. A better plan would've been to give Sweetney the starting job and give him more minutes with their other bigs. Now he'll be receiving less minutes, for a while, because nobody will take Taylor and Rose, unless they give worse contract in return.

I don't get it at all...

6. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

The Houston trade makes more sense since they arent loosing anybody important and they get a pick in return. I dont know if Taylor will fit in well, and i'm not sure why they need 4 PF's and 0 centers but...it makes more sense than the Spurs trade.
    GIVING away Nazi for Rose and a pick (going to be last or second last pick) in the first round is nuts. They could of got SOOOO much more for him. I think the Raptors would of considered giving up a denvers pick in 2007 and donyell for Nazi, which is a much better deal than they got since Yell>Rose and Denver pick>Spurs pick

i dont get it. I'd have to say the worst bout of trades i have ever heard of. No center does not a team make.
    And in response to an above suggestion that Nazi backs up Rasho well...i agree...though i think its possible Nazi could steal the starting spot.

Back into exile for me [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Knicks Analyst

Knicks Analyst JBB ? Israel ?

It is true. A great trade, or at least it is potentially. We have to hope Isiah doesn't pull any junk and can possibly trade up using these picks and light contracts to move up to the 1st or 2nd pick. Or, he could trade the SA and HOU picks (one may have been through Phoenix) to get a mid 1st round pick. And Isiah is one helluva drafter (T-Mac and Ariza for examples).

BTW- JWohl, I told you Mohhamed was expendable. Same pretty much applies to 02civic. Isiah obviously agreed.

8. TnNeG

TnNeG NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I don't get it... How many PF's is this now...?
    NY must really love PF's. As for the trade the only thing i like about it is the draft picks.
    Who's our center now? Maurice Taylor...? Wow.

9. Beat

I'm anxious at what Isiah will do next.

10. KnicksUK

KnicksUK JBB JustBBall Member

If it's true then my other post is gonna look very stupid [​IMG]

I think it's a good move by Isiah to acquire 2 first round picks, although in the title when it said "Rose" I was thinking "Jalen" rather than "Malik". I don't believe for one minute these trades will make us a better team THIS season, but next, almost certainly.

11. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

KA is right, great trade for the Knicks. This can put them over the top next year. I don't understand what's so bad about this trade. You guys have to stop and think about the Knicks in June and then we'll see whoever gets the good end of the deal.

12. Knicks Analyst

Rose is capable of the 3. He's 6'7 and he fouls plenty at the 4, and I'm sure he'll do some converting.

Banks, you don't know what you're talking about, same to you civic. We realize we're screwed cap-wise, we see that. We have more money on the cap in total years with 27 from Malik and about 5 or so (?) from Maurice. But look, with that we take on 2 first rounders, and there are clauses in the Marbury trade and it's possible that we get Phoenix's 1st. So if we have that we have around 4 first rounders, talk about good ammo. With that we have Penny and TT expiring next year, that's serious ammo at the deadline next year as well. Do the thinking and watch more Knicks games (*sigh*. Please leave, civic. You don't know at all) and you'll see how much potential this trade has.

13. Platehpus

Platehpus JBB JustBBall Member

It's a move for the future, I guess. Looks like either Isiah thinks he can nab 3 talents in the draft, or he's planning on trading them for a star player. He could also trade up, maybe he's got a good eye on Andrew B. Either way, I think Isiah is a terrible GM who should only be in charge of drafting.

14. Beat

Who says we have to wait for 10 years for a championship?

15. JWohl

JWohl JBB Lovin the BCS

homage

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Knicks Analyst:</div><div class="quote_post">It is true. A great trade, or at least it is potentially. We have to hope Isiah doesn't pull any junk and can possibly trade up using these picks and light contracts to move up to the 1st or 2nd pick. Or, he could trade the SA and HOU picks (one may have been through Phoenix) to get a mid 1st round pick. And Isiah is one helluva drafter (T-Mac and Ariza for examples).

BTW- JWohl, I told you Mohhamed was expendable. Same pretty much applies to 02civic. Isiah obviously agreed.</div>

Here it is: Knicks Analyst you were right and I was wrong, I am sorry. [​IMG] If there is any way I can make it up to you please hesitate to ask. Anyway i agree that we should package or picks and try and trade up to get someone (bogut) but it depends on where our pick falls in the lotttery if we get 13th pick and the 29th no one is giving us a top 5 for those two so we have to wait and see.

16. Platehpus

Platehpus JBB JustBBall Member

I wonder what our starting lineup is going to be now. KT will most likely move to the 5, does this mean Sweetney has a starting job? Mo Taylor would probably start but he's on the IR, and I don't see Malik starting.

17. Knicks Analyst

Thanks, Wohl. I accept your payment. [​IMG] I hope to God Isiah can snag some higher picks.

18. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I have no idea why Isiah would trade for Malik and his big contract. Doesn't he have enough overpaid players? I don't see much point to be honest.

With that said, If given a chance Malik will produce for you and you will love his effort and passion.

[​IMG]

So long eek

19. Knicks Analyst

AllNet, please read some of the posts. [​IMG]. I remember that dunk, I was there.

20. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

The whole plan is to get a high draft pick and with ours and possibly 3 others, it'll be almost certain on bagging a 1-5 pick. We can really get good next year. While we have Rose's huge contract we have expiring next year which will get us even a better player or some more cap space. I'm telling you this is a good trade and only dillusional people can't see it! [​IMG]