Isiah Going To Offer Mo-Pete Our MLE?

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by knicksfan3, Jul 3, 2007.

1. knicksfan3

knicksfan3 Nets Season Ticket Holder - Section 225

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Knicks Could Offer Mo Pete The MLENew York Daily News - 07/03 - 10:30 AM ESTWith Rashard Lewis off the market and any trade for Ron Artest uncertain, Isiah Thomas could use his mid-level exception to land swingman Morris Peterson.Peterson's game is perimeter defense and shooting, two Knick needs. He is a career 37% three-point shooter and could fill the shooting-guard or small-forward positions in New York.Peterson turns 30 years of age this summer.</div>Well first of all we are over the roster limit so we'd have to start trading players or cutting them. Secondly Isiah had said he was not going to use the MLE this offseason because he didn't want to add any more salary. All in all....it just makes sense that this could happen because of dumbass Isiah. Overall, I wouldn't mind Mo-Pete on the team. He'd be the first player we'd have on the team that knows what the word "defense" means.

2. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Quentin Richardson, Jamal Crawford, Jared Jeffries, Renaldo Balkman, Wilson Chandler. Where is there real playing time for Mo-Pete in New York? I know Balkman can play the 4, but that's still a lot of bodies locked in to 2 positions. Then you add another guy in there who wants real minutes, I don't think that works, nor does it really fill much of a need for New York. They could use some shooting, but they have bigger needs, like... oh I don't know... DEFENSE.

3. junot111

junot111 BBW Elite Member

they never should have got jared jeffries

4. MaRdYC26

MaRdYC26 BBW Graphics Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (junot111 @ Jul 3 2007, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>they never should have got jared jeffries</div>He is a pretty good defender. Our defense isn't THAT bad on paper. We have some defensive minded guys, but it doesn't realyl seem to help? Like Balkman, Jeffries, Rose and James are supposed to be great defensive players, but they don't do sh*t. Q-Rich is underrated defensively though, will say that.MO-Pete would provide perimeter defense, something the Knicks badly lack. So, it wouldn't be terrible to get him, but I'd like to see it used on a guy 6-11, 7' who can just play defense. A Jerome James TYPE, but one that's not a bust.

5. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

That would be stupid for the Knicks to offer him that, this is why the Knicks are in salary cap shithole right now.

6. Let Em Hear This

Let Em Hear This BBW Member

I agree Jeffries was a bad signing. Isiah is the worst at getting free agents. He'll just sign anyone that wants to come here. If he's gonna sign someone, it should be a young shot-blocker. That's what we need. Stop with the bullsh** signings already Isiah.

7. TigerTaylor

TigerTaylor BBW Elite Member

Jared Jeffries was a good signing. He just didn't play a lot last season. I'm not sure if it's because of injuries, or Isiah just not playing him. Jeffries is a defensive minded player, and the Knicks have one of the worst defenses in the NBA, giving up 100 a game. Jeffries was supposed to come in and lower that average a little bit, but for their defense to become effective, they need more than just one defensive player. Which is why trading for Randolph wasn't the best move Isiah could have made IMO.

8. Let Em Hear This

Let Em Hear This BBW Member

Jeffries is horrendous on offense. And when you have a bad offense, the other team can get easy fastbreak buckets off you.

9. Clangus

Clangus BBW Elite Member

I like Isiah- I mean at least he has a go at anything that might be good. I know that he sometrimes does stupid things but he certainly isn't shy of trying to get talent on the roster!I dont think this one will happen. I would like to see him get Artest though!

10. TigerTaylor

TigerTaylor BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Let Em Hear This @ Jul 5 2007, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Jeffries is horrendous on offense. And when you have a bad offense, the other team can get easy fastbreak buckets off you.</div>The Knicks offense isn't bad. Since when was scoring 97 points a game bad? I thought that was above average. Now, the Knicks defense is bad, giving up 100 points a game, and Jeffries is a defensive minded player, which makes him atleast semi-valuable to the Knicks IMO. He'd be valuable to me if I was the Knicks' coach.