Isiah Thomas

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by J-E-T-S 1083, Oct 1, 2007.

1. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

After years of bad trades, bad teams and now a sexual harressment case looking to go against him... why is Isiah still around as the president and coach of the Knicks? Like i dont understand hes not worth it, he hasnt done many things right for the Knicks and things arent particularly looking up so why not just fire him? What is James Dolan waiting for? The Knicks have turned into one of the laughing stocks of the league, lets get a new young coach a new young GM and blow everything up except for David Lee.

2. Real

Real Dumb and Dumbest

Simple. He's around because James Dolan is around, and Dolan likes him.</p>

3. AKIRA

AKIRA GO LAKERS!!!

more things
    It doesnt matter about winning for these idiots,if they can get paid at the end of the day then thats all that matters to them, its bullcrap to see the knicks being handled this way. I feel Marbury needs to go, as well as that really short guy robinson, they are distractions and have bad attitudes, low IQ's. your focus should be your two big men. get them into better shape and you guys will be very dangerous.</p>

4. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Apparently, James Dolan is extremely loyal to "his guys". If he likes someone, he stands by them, thru thick and (mostly) thin.</p>

I believe he did the same with a coach/gm of the Rangers (Smith?), even tho he was ruining the team, he stuck by em.</p>

5. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AKIRA)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

It doesnt matter about winning for these idiots,if they can get paid at the end of the day then thats all that matters to them, its bullcrap to see the knicks being handled this way. I feel Marbury needs to go, as well as that really short guy robinson, they are distractions and have bad attitudes, low IQ's. your focus should be your two big men. get them into better shape and you guys will be very dangerous.</p>

</div>You get a pass since you don't follow Knicks basketball. First of all, Marbury does not have a low IQ. In fact, I argue it is quite high - one of the best in the league, actually. Say what you want about not liking Marbury's personality off the court, but in terms of his basketball ability, he is still one of the best at his position. The "attitude" thing is so played out. People argue he has a bad attitude, but he readily handed over the reins to Eddy Curry and told him he was the leader of the team. This was, according to Curry himself, the reason for his breakout season.</p>

As for the big men, Curry lost 20 pounds in the offseason and Randolph is in shape. Crawford added 15 pounds of muscle, Lee has been taking 1,000 shots per day and might play SF, and Marbury is in the best shape of his life.</p>

</p>

6. Real

Real Dumb and Dumbest

I don't think Marbury has a low IQ either (though I don't think he's that smart either)</p>

I think he mighta problem with drugs and/or alcohol. I've been following Marbury ever since he was with the Nets and I've never, ever seen him act or talk that stupid until this year, although previously he's said some really stupid things.</p>