Isles got what was coming to them

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Jul 2, 2018.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

For starters, keeping Snow for as long as they did was an absolute sign of incompetence. I'm sure Tavares didn't forget that. Also, hiring Lou was pointless. Lou has been washed up as a GM for years. Only the idiots on WFAN can't grasp that. He was as bad as any GM in the league his last 8 years with the Devils. I've said it many times. Once the clutch and grab error ended, Lou has been one of the worst GM's in hockey. He left the Devils in shambles when he left. He basically did nothing in Toronto. The team was already built when he got there. He did nothing to fix the defenseman situation there. The Islanders are probably 3 to 5 years away from having a good defenseman core. They do have a talented young Russian goalie in the pipeline but it doesn't seem like they have enough of a clue to get him over here. Essentially, the Islanders will be a one line team now unless they are willing to trade 2 or 3 of their best forward prospects for some proven NHL forwards.

2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

The Komorov signing is getting killed from what I've seen. They still have a solid group of forwards but losing him was a big blow and they didn't get RoR. Not to mention having Greiss only in goal right now has to be very scary for them. Oh well!:cool: