Isles took everybody that dropped

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Jun 23, 2018.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

that also might be a bad thing. Hard to believe that many teams are all wrong

2. nj cup

nj cup Member

Like they were with brazal

3. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

On paper they really did well, especially having those guys fall to 11/12. Not sure what to make of the Rangers strategy on day 2 though Keane and Gross seem like solid picks where they were. Too much tunnel vision and the 2nd Round pick was just absurd with all that was left on the board. If they liked the G that much take him late in Rd 3. Crazy.

4. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

Reached for guys in round 1 (even if I like the players - especially Miller). No f'ing clue what they were doing today. No clue what they do with all the dmen. No clue what they do with all the RFA's. Only thing that seems clear are a handful of very rough years are ahead. The rest is a big question mark as to what Gorton is doing.

5. Ranger71

If they'd made a solid 2nd round pick i would've thought different about this draft but that really pissed me off to no end.

6. RangersFan

Good deal by Carolina. Too bad our GM is sleeping and not aware enough to make a deal like that. Carolina is another team starting to head in a good direction. Our division is packed man. Almost no shot we aren't last next season.

7. Ranger71

Sounds like the prospect Fox Carolina got may never sign there and grew up a Ranger fan.

8. RangersFan

Well, he either signs there or doesn't play in the NHL for a few years. But even still more of a reason we should have been making that deal, not Carolina. Gorton sleeping.

9. Ranger71

Except i don't know that Hamilton was worth trading for if we're going to suck for a few years.

10. RangersFan

I would be okay if we didn't just raise the white flag and suck for 3 years...

11. kreidertime

IMO, the team was deep in the system at goalie and defense after their deals. I have no idea why they drafted so many defenseman and another goalie. That being said, we don't watch these guys play. The powerforward the Isles took dropped a lot. I thought he would have fit well here. However, the Russian kid the Rangers took from scouting reports has a chance to be a 75-85 point player. The other kid doesn't.

12. kreidertime

I have got to believe a couple of deals involving some of our defenseman prospects for a young, proven forward with good upside is coming.

13. RangersFan

There has to be deals coming over the next 8 or 9 days. Only thing that makes sense, unless the white flag is up big time.

14. Ranger71

I mean, apparently they had the G #1 at his position and he did play well in the Int tourneys so he could be very good, but with Shest thought to be the future maybe they figure at worst he could be a trade piece down the line. The other goalies in the system aren't great though Huska could be a sleeper. Georgiev looks like a good backup possibly. At #40 though they need to be a little more to the board. Wilde there would've been nice if they wanted to keep going D.

15. kreidertime

Wilde dropped like a rock. Scouts didn't like something

16. Ranger71

Yeah, could be an attitude off-ice thing.

17. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

The Rangers success this year hinges on Hank, not the 18 year olds just drafted. If he's going to have another year at the bottom of the league statistically, no pick can help. I'm hoping AV's no d defense contributed to Hank's drop from the elite. I think it's hard to gauge the success of the team with a new coach who's likely to have a clue on playing basic defense. Gorton was able to clear a lot of dead wood in a quick time and I think Lias and Chytil were excellent selections. Monday should provide a glimpse of what Gorton's picks look like on ice.

18. kreidertime

Everybody praises the Islanders draft every year and then they suck every year. So I take their drafts with a grain of salt. They still have no defense and no goaltending.