It's like every player was allowed to play but Dame

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KingSpeed, Apr 22, 2018.

1. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Watching players like Oladipo and Mitchell pisses me off because Dame is as good as those guys but the Pelicans simply wouldn't let him play. Sad. I'm sure it upsets him too. In the last game, we made the Pels pay but we couldn't defend. Stotts should've adjusted after game 1 instead of "we just need to make shots."

BonesJones likes this.
  2. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Terry Stotts wouldn't let him play because he kept having him run into traps instead of using him in other ways.

3. Blazinaway

Blazinaway Well-Known Member

and Neil Olshey wouldn't let him play because of so may mediocre players around him

4. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Harkless, Davis, Nurkic, Aminu, and CJ aren't mediocre.

The talent on this team is underrated. We have holes, but look at the Pelicans 5th through 10th men. Theyre utter trash.

5. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

The Pels did a fantastic job defending him. No player has faced that type of defensive scheme this postseason. Not Harden, Not Westbrook, not LeBron, not anyone. Even when a pick was set, there was another defender waiting. You talk about perfect defense. There will be some who will say, Dame didn't try , but they're wrong. He was exhausted at the end of this game. His legs looked dead. He played quality defense, and facilitated nicely in the comeback, but that effort will go on blinders. Reading Canzano this morning you can feel a tainted dislike of Dame by him. Dame is tough, and he can take it. He will use this again to drive him to get better. That's who he is. His desire to be great is massive inside his heart, and brain. That's why I wouldn't mess with Dame. He knows what he has to do. It's obvious changes need to be made, but I still believe in the Letter "O". He's made of the right stuff.