Iverson Injured!

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Sasha, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Allen Iverson, consider this your free pass. It entitles you to take as much time off as necessary to get your injured right knee healthy.

Last night, against the Houston Rockets, Iverson got a feel for what basketball is like for mere mortals. With his right knee swollen to the point he had trouble bending it, Iverson didn't have the quickness or burst that make him the most dangerous 6-footer in NBA history.

"I was moving like I was someone else," Iverson said after shooting 4 for 19 in a truly grim 74-66 loss.

Clearly, it was a feeling Iverson didn't like. That's why he needs to shut it down, because if he does serious damage to that knee, it's a feeling he's going to have to get used to. Blow the knee, and it can be years before that superhuman ability returns.</div>

Full Story...

I remember posting about him being injured a while back, I guess I just forgot about it. This stinks though, all of our guys are injured and to have Allen injured is catastrophic. He is the whole Sixers team, so let's hope the knee get's better.

2. Erin

Erin JBB JustBBall Member

he really needs to sit out a game or two. but without dc and big dog already not playing, who knows. but he can't keep playing like this.

3. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

I know Ivey, hes gonna bounce back!

4. Sasha

How can you say that, how is he going to bounce back without proper rest?

5. How_High78

How_High78 JBB JustBBall Member

That's the thing. Iverson has earned the reputation of "tough player" by being willing to push himself beyond what most people see is possible and yet he, just like every one else, has his limits. Beforehe truly find rock bottom I hope he takes time to rest. It'll be terrible for the short term but could save his career in the long term. There is no shame in that.

6. Sasha

Exactly, knee injuries are one of the most common injuries in basketball, career ending maybe. Not to the point where he won't be able to play, but where he won't be as effective as he is now, speedwise most of all.

7. Nasty

Nasty JBB Sorry, I killed Fever

Allen MUST take enough amount of rest to give a chance for the Knee to get better !!

Vince's knee injuries started 2001 .. when he refused to sit out 2 games cus his knee was sour ... so that weakened the knee and was a major reason for his recent knee injuries !

8. Sasha

Yup, we all know that the guys love this game, but if it means causing an injury to get away and maybe be career threating, then he can sit out a game or two.