Jack Johnson is a worthless piece of shit

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Jan 14, 2021.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

2 goals he cost us already. One with his dumb fuck penalty to start the game. Next with another stupid turnover. Gorton must have been drunk when he signed that piece of shit.

2. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

Had to go low budget due to the cap, but there had to be someone better than Johnson. He makes Smith look good.

3. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Should give Bitetto a shot. Or Smith.:dunno:

4. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

The only reason I could see him in the lineup would be to protect the younger players but he certainly didn't make a great first impression. I'm more concerned with tiny Tony.

5. Ranger71

DeAngelo will be ok, he's just got to concentrate on hockey and not get caught up in off the ice stuff.

6. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Quinn’s doghouses after 1 game for KAKKO, D’Angelo and especially lemieux against a physical team like the islanders is absolutely asinine!!

7. Ranger71

The team looked really good before the stoppage in March so there's no real reason they can't get to playing at that kind of level at some point as we have almost the same team, plus Laf. That still might not be enough to crack the top 4. Having 10 months basically off could be sort of a double edged sword with rest and rust. I think by Feb this will look like a solid team but it may be too late in terms of the playoffs. I'm more concerned with player development than playing in the playoff bubble anyway this year.

NYR Fan likes this.
  8. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Agreed. This year is a lost year. Not saying that in response to Thursdays game. This team is still rebuilding. Teams with this much youth on them are not expected to be playoff caliber teams. Add in the fact this is a short season in a makeshift division that is stacked with high quality teams. We're going to see a lot of games like Thursday's game this season.

9. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

I would phrase it a little differently. This season is about continued growth and maturation of the kids. If we win a lot and make the playoffs, that's great. If we don't and finish 4-6 in the division, but we get a year of kids playing important roles and their games evolving, it's not the end of the world. My hope out of game 1 is some learning occurred, and we'll be better for it tonight and moving forward, even if we lose.

Of course you want to win, but if peoples expectations are top of the division/make playoffs for sure/make a deep run I think you'll be letdown. If your expectations are the above, then I think it will be all good.

10. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Agreed. Hope you avoid major injuries, show some battle, win some hard fought games. Develop the young players. Move on to 21-22 season,