Jahlil Okafor admits he has thought about possibility of playing elsewhere

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by truebluefan, Aug 23, 2017.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Many are surprised that Jahlil Okafor has lasted this long in a Philadelphia 76ers uniform, and that apparently includes even Okafor himself.

Speaking with reporters on Tuesday, the 21-year-old big man was asked if he has thought about the possibility of playing in another city.

“I have,” Okafor said, per Tom Moore of GateHouse Media. “I hear trade rumors and stuff like that. I realize that having a new scenario, you think it might be better than it is right now. But when it comes to the NBA, all I know is wearing a Sixers uniform. The city’s been great to me, the coaches have been great to me, my teammates have been great, so I couldn’t be happier.”

With how prevalent those rumors have been, it’s perfectly understandable that Okafor’s mind might wander. He even admitted at last season’s trade deadline that he was having difficulty with all the uncertainty of being on the block.

Read more http://larrybrownsports.com/basketb...-thought-possibility-playing-elsewhere/387246