Jason Terry Article

Discussion in 'Atlanta Hawks' started by Voodoo Child, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

2. azr&b

azr&b JBB JustBBall Member

An article I found in our local paper, Az Daily Star, 9/27/03

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Hawks match offer sheet for ex-UA All-American
    By Charles Odum
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks re-signed former UA All-American Jason Terry on Thursday, matching a three-year, $22.5 million offer sheet the free agent guard signed with the Utah Jazz.

"This is where I always wanted to be," said Terry, who averaged 16.1 points in his first four seasons. He spoke at a news conference with seven of the team's eight prospective new owners in attendance.

The 6-foot-2-inch Terry, who plays shooting guard and point guard, had a career-high average of 7.2 assists last season to go with his 17.2 points per game.

"He exemplifies everything we like in our players, in his ability to play more than one position and his character, on the court and off the court," Hawks general manager Billy Knight said.

Although Terry expressed a desire to complete his career with the Hawks, he said he was serious when he signed the offer sheet with the Jazz on Sept. 11.

"I think Utah is a great situation for any free agent to step into, with the departures of Karl Malone and John Stockton," Terry said. "Once the new owners came in and I met with them, and I saw the enthusiasm they had, it really changed my outlook." </div>
    <font color="RoyalBlue">I had to trim it down because we can't post full articles here for some legal reasons - Wave</font>